(2) Michelin Pilot Super Sports 275/40/19

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Yes they were. To much sidewall now that I had to change the rears. Was going 315 in the back and wanted to match sidewalls, now I have a 295/35 in the back. There is more to this story but I dont feel like typing it out.

Thanks on the dog house. Wife is not real happy right now.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
It basically revolves around my custom wheel order from Howey industries. I went with Forgestar CF10 wheels (19" x 20"). I was told that with the offset I was receiving on the rears, I could run a 315/35/20 Michelin Super Sport. This was the only reason I went with a 20x11 in the rear. Wheels ordered, tires ordered from DT. Wheels came in after 8 weeks of waiting and installed tires. Fronts went on fine, rears not so much. They rubbed on the inner fender and was sticking outside the fender about 1". After discussing with everybody, it seems as Michelin changed their rim protector (for Ferrari) causing a 1/2" increase on bothe sides of the 315. My tire was measuring over 13" wide (almost a 335). DT took those tires back as Michelin said ok, they asked if the fronts were ok and I said yes (not thinking about the SW difference). After all this I ended up going to a 295 MPSS as that is what I wanted for my car and MPSS have nothing in between a 315 and 295. I put the 295's on this past weekend and noticed the difference in SW. I didn't like it. I didn't spend this much $$ not to like the setup. So front tires are up for sale. The funny thing is I had 295's on my stock rear wheels, the rim protector measured at 1/4" the new 295 measures at 1/2". Same tire different rim protectors. 295's are measuring at a smidge over 12". If I knew this from the beginning I would have went with a 20x 10.5 wheel in the back. Hope it makes sense. Michelins are running really wide, just wish the tire would measure what is printed on the side.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Tires are actually a hot topic for me. I want to do it soon, and I know the MPSS option is a popular one... but there have to be other options as well.

I've seen Nittos and Mickey's mounted... not sure which I'm going with yet... but the MPSS 295 is definitely a common choice.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Tires are actually a hot topic for me. I want to do it soon, and I know the MPSS option is a popular one... but there have to be other options as well.

I've seen Nittos and Mickey's mounted... not sure which I'm going with yet... but the MPSS 295 is definitely a common choice.

I wanted the MPSS because at the time (original order) they were the only mfg that I could get for my setup (sizes I was told would work). I didn't order the standard 19 or 20 all around. I put 20's in the back and 19's in the front and wanted matching street tire that lasted longer then the drag radials. Many things would be different with what I know now.

this is why there is so much more to tire sizing than just talking "295s, 315s" etc

I didn't understand this totally when I was ordering, that's why I relied on my wheel supplier for correct info.

Who wants to buy these??

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida

Just got the 295/35/20 105Y FER on my car last week. The difference from the stock goodyears is amazing. Put matching 275/40/19's up front. Car rides great.

Thread Info