1986 Monte Carlo S.S. (Black/Burg int., T-Tops, Orange Stripes)

1986 Monte Carlo S.S. SOLD!!!

NOW OFFERING as a RAFFLE!

Only 1 ticket will be sold and drawing will be held 15 minutes BEFORE the sale of any other tickets! Your odds of winning are beyond exceptional!

You CANNOT get these odds in Vegas!!!

PICS ADDED...see post #11

This is a factory 1986 Monte Carlo S.S., which was purchased in Woodstock, IL. The car is black with a burgundy bucket seat interior. Some of the options are:

- Original 305 H.O. (G-Motor) with Rochester 4bbl carb and TH700R 4-speed automatic trans.
- Dual Exhaust (original to the car)
- Factory S.S. Suspension
- Factory Hatch Roof (a.k.a. T-Tops)
- 120 m.p.h. Speedo
- A/C
- AM/FM Stereo Cassette w/ equalizer
- Tilt Wheel
- Console with T-shift lever
- Power Trunk Release
- Rear Window Defogger
- Space Saver Spare
- Factory Aluminum Wheels
- Power Door Locks
- Power Windows

In 1992, the car was vandalized badly and the repair bills were close to totaling the car. Using ONLY G.M. Parts, the car was repaired and repainted using Centari undercoat and PPG paint. Originally, this car would have been clear coated. When it was repainted, it was decided to use another paint process, where clear coat would not be applied, to increase the shine of the paint.

Again, this was back when clear coats were peeling off of cars constantly.

In 1992, the car was driven for the last time in the winter on it's way home from the body shop. Since, other than moving the car between storage spaces, this car has ONLY been driven in the summers since 1993. In 1988, and at 40K miles, the original owner began using Slick 50 Oil Treatment to preserve engine life. I continued this tradition for about 3 years after I got it. I began to use other oil treatments since.

THE GOOD:

- The car is as close to original as possible.

- It still has the original exhaust.

- It also has the original hoses and (I believe 2 original fan belts)
*** The factory numbers are still stamped on them ***
I have had people offer to buy the hoses and belts off of me, but figured this would ruin the provenance of the car.

I believe I have an extra air cleaner, which is kind of rusty, which I was going to use and cut to make an "open air cleaner". I also have another T-Shift Lever and air cleaner hose NOS...which will come with the car. There is also a Monogram model of a 1986 Monte Carlo S.S., factory service manuals, factory updates, brochures, post card for the 1986 Monte Carlo and unused/unopened rear floor mats, which will come with the car as well.

- In July, 1994, the car was used in a Chevrolet commercial, that was shot in Waukegan over the July 4th weekend. The spot aired one time during the Fiesta Bowl in 1995 and showed the car for about 1 second. I think my father may still have the video.

THE BAD:

- I opened my own business and need to sell this car.

- The left turn signal will not flash and the front marker light does not come on. I have changed the bulb to no avail. I think it's a bad socket, but not completely sure. Unless the car gets sold, when I have the time I will figure this out.

- At idle, there is a noise coming from one belt. If I recall correctly, it is the generator belt. If you spray belt dressing on it, the sound goes away completely for 10 seconds. After then, the noise slowly returns.

- The snorkel inlet on the original air cleaner is bent.

- The interior rear view mirror slides up and comes off REALLY easily!!! The metal piece is still on the windshield, but the plastic piece between the mirror and it doesn't stay put if you move the mirror. Currently, it takes 2 hands to move the mirror properly, so it does not come off, but it has never fallen off while driving.

I will start out asking $11,000.00 for the car, Edelbrock tubular Exhaust (boxed-in the trunk), couple of extra parts and display pieces as described.

Last edited:

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I will start out asking $11,000.00 for the car

fred-sanford-im-coming-o.gif

:io:

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry

It's a place to start. People are asking $22K for low mileage cars on eBay. I have seen similar cars sell for betw. $8K and $10K in Hemmings, eBay and elsewhere on the web. This is a nice, locally bought car with 20+ y.o. paint that needs some else to own it. I've had it since 1991. Plus, I can always come down on the price to be reasonable. I would rather start high and come down; rather than sell it and know I could have gotten a couple G's more out of it.

Sounds nice. Ill give ya 2k for the roller. Keep the motor and trans.

Hmm....let me think about that. How about you ask me that in about.......

EDIT: I'll chalk your comment up to the fact you don't know me and have not dealt with me. When it comes to business, I'll tell it like it is whether you want to hear it or not. That being said, if you would like to make an appointment to see the car, P.M. me. If you want a roller to make into a bracket racer or something for the strip, I'll let you know this is NOT the car for you....but if you want to lowball me with another offer, it will be taken as an insult.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
:hs:Yeah...I know.:hs:

It's funny. I was like, "Turbo 3800 V6...who wants that P.O.S." back in the day and would have rather gotten a 442 or G/P 2+2 instead of the S.S.. Now, I'm like, "I'll take the Turbo 3800!!!", but still feel the same about the Olds 442 or Pontiac 2+2.

I always wanted to take a regular G/P, (somehow) find a 2+2 nose, drop in a big block, chop the lower section of the door off and fab it into a larger rocker panel, while also reinforcing the frame at the same time, install polished side pipes, lower it, chop the top about 1" while also making it into a targa, then remove rear window and install a power rear window from an old station wagon.

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
It's a place to start. People are asking $22K for low mileage cars on eBay. I have seen similar cars sell for betw. $8K and $10K in Hemmings, eBay and elsewhere on the web. This is a nice, locally bought car with 20+ y.o. paint that needs some else to own it. I've had it since 1991. Plus, I can always come down on the price to be reasonable. I would rather start high and come down; rather than sell it and know I could have gotten a couple G's more out of it.

Hmm....let me think about that. How about you ask me that in about.......

EDIT: I'll chalk your comment up to the fact you don't know me and have not dealt with me. When it comes to business, I'll tell it like it is whether you want to hear it or not. That being said, if you would like to make an appointment to see the car, P.M. me. If you want a roller to make into a bracket racer or something for the strip, I'll let you know this is NOT the car for you....but if you want to lowball me with another offer, it will be taken as an insult.

22k? god damn. i sold mine for 1700 with a blown trans a few years back

Thread Info