Name: Tyler
Year: 2004
Make: Pontiac
Model: Grand Prix Comp G GTP
Mileage: 123K(body), 23K(driveline)
Title Status: Clean
Transmission: Auto
Drivetrain: 3.8L Supercharged V6

Looking to trade the GTP away for a clean RCSB GM pickup preferably a v8. I have owned this car for almost a year now and since that time I have grown over an inch in height and it’s starting to become less of drivable DD. Thus why I want to trade it. I can trade for a truck and cash but I am not in a position to add any sort of cash to a deal. The title of the car is at the bank under loan which is of no problem beings my backdoor neighbor is my loan officer and is aware of the situation.

Details –
The car was built by a very knowledgeable person in the 3.8 community that has a long background in these motors. The car was bought by the previous owner with a bad knocking motor which in the pics you will see later was replaced. The new L26 with now 23K miles is very freshly built and willing to go another 250K+ miles on regular services. As you will see below this is a semi modded car but that has taken 0 away from the drivability to this car. Currently running an 87 pump gas tune which starts every single day the first try, and drives flawlessly. Front tires have around 300 miles on them, rears are about 60-70% tread. This car leaks no fluid or has no problems with the driveline. The rims are an aftermarket 18” chrome replica of the GXP rims. The minor dings etc include a small dent on the front passenger fender, a small dent on the passenger door as well as a 6” scratch that I have no clue got there, also the paint on the backside of the rear tires is getting scratched up due to no mudflaps. These small items I do not have pictures of as of yet but will within the week, also interior shots. The title is completely clean and not salvaged or rebuilt in any way, the motor was the only bad part to the car which was replaced with much better.

Mods –
3” ZZP catted Downpipe
XPZ Cam and valve train to correspond
Ported, Polished, and flowed stock casting heads
MPS with 3.4 and 3.8 pulleys
60# injectors

Pics – These pics are some the old owner had, more are to come as stated above.
04 Comp G GTP Photos by bigboy63 | Photobucket

I have a couple local dealers trying to find me a possible truck to fit my needs as well so this is something I’m serious about. I am only looking for a GM pickup and nothing else. Thank you for your time and sorry for the long read but I’m sure the next owner will gladly appreciate it. Message me if interested and we can exchange info.

TurboTJ

Regular
Dec 7, 2011
Yep it is his car and he built it. Through stock injectors, pump gas, the mods listed, and stick pulley it made 266whp on a very stingy mustang dyno known as the "heartbreaker". That was maxing the stock injectors at the time.

If you wanted to really push the car all it's need is a fuel pump, some e85, and a smaller pulley. It'd make serious power for what it is.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list