1997 Blazer 4x4

I am selling my daily driver Blazer. It needs a little bit of work, nothing major. I don't have a place to work on it to do the things it needs. Perfect for somebody who can do the work themselves. So, here goes.

What it is:
97 Blazer 2 door 4x4 LT. Rusty behind the doors in the usual spots.

Roughly 150k miles

4.3L auto trans. Runs good, needs a tune up. Trans works flawlessly. 4x4 works fine

Dark green, dark grey interior

Tires are decent, fronts have good tread, rears are getting close to time for new ones.

Power windows, locks, driver seat.

I bought this truck 5 years ago with 100k on it, only thing I've done to it was a belt tensioner a couple years ago, and recently a new alternator and belt. Also a new back hatch window after somebody smashed it to break in.

What it needs:
The ignition switch is going bad. Common thing on these trucks. You can get a switch from Rockauto for $65 and it takes like an hour or two to swap.

There is a small coolant leak, possibly from the intake gaskets. Also common on these. Also easy fix, just a little time consuming.

It may need a fuel pump. I had an intermittent problem with it not starting this winter. Didn't hear pump prime with key on. Truck would start fine later. Never died on me while driving though, so I don't think it's the pump, I think it may be the connector for the pump. Might just be able to unplug, clean up and be fine.

One of the front wheel bearings makes a little howling noise. Still drives fine, not a huge problem.

A/C doesn't work. I had it recharged once right after I bought it and it worked fine for a couple weeks, then stopped working after the refrigerant leaked out again. Never looked into repairing it because I never use a/c anyway

Driver side window motor is getting tired. Goes up and down fine, but it you try to roll it up right away after putting it down, it will stop. Gotta wait a minute or so then it will roll up fine.

Has a little exhaust leak, sounds like where the exhaust bolts up to the manifold. Never looked into it. It's not horrible.

I'm asking $800 OBO. With a little bit of work this will continue to be a great daily driver with some good life left in it.

It's a DD so I don't have many pics of it, here's one crappy one from last year

189239_10150101682538772_7468831_n.jpg

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I've never noticed any oil leak honestly. If there is one, it's not enough for me to notice, but then again my lot at home is asphalt. It would stick out more on concrete.

I forgot to add that the front sway bar also needs both end links. They both broke and sway bar is wired up with a coat hanger lol. Another cheap and easy fix. Been driving it a couple years like that, something that I keep putting off. Drives fine without the sway bar connected.

FlyinGTP

Regular
Apr 25, 2008
Elk Grove
I guess it should be free. Good vehicle for the money, GLWS Aron.

I didn't say free. It just needs a lot of work and it wouldn't be a vehicle I'm keeping. That being said I'm willing to help him get it gone if he is unable to sell it, but it has to be worth my time. Not trying to come across as mean or anything just offering up an option. It has working 4 wheel drive so it shouldn't be to tough of a sale with all the snow we are having this winter.

Thread Info