1984 Yamaha XS400

Looking to sell my 84 Yamaha XS400 motorcycle.

Picked it up last fall as a 'beater' motorcycle from a dealer. Was fully serviced, new tires and fluids.

Promptly hurt myself on it in the wet, and haven't ridden since. Ended up buying the Mustang anyways, so now this is just taking up space.

As a result of hurting myself (low speed, low side), the front fender is a bit smushed, but doesn't impede anything, and the bike is still straight otherwise. I've found a few of these fenders online for $40 or so, fairly common model.

I've fired it up and let it idle a few times since, fires easily, and runs well. Has electric start and kick start, electric start is extremely unlikely to start the bike at the moment in the cold in case you are interested in coming out and taking a look.

Would make a great commuter/beater bike, or an awesome start to a CAFE racer project bike.

Cliffs:

Good - New Tires, New fluids, Solid starter/project/commuter bike.

Bad - Flasher relay is a bit flakey, smushed front fender, small dent on gas tank.

Looking for $1000 obo (obviously I don't expect this to sell in this weather, just listing it now).

Also have an XL motorcycle jacket and gloves (First Gear, the gloves have knuckle guards, but are the lighter/woven variety to allow airflow), that are rather obviously like new, I paid $170 for the jacket, and $40 for the gloves, open to offers on those as a combo deal, or separate. Pics of the gear to follow, Helmet is not for sale as I use it for the Mustang.

Thread Info

• Dasfinc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list