Third gen hooker headers

I have a set of used hooker super comp sbc headers for sale for a third gen firebird or camaro. There in Deciant condition, some of the ceramic coating on the bottom of the headers are rough. These are for sale with a custom dual 3inch exhaust that dumps infront of the real axle with flowmaster two chamber mufflers. Also have cutouts in both sides. 450OBO$$$

Link for headers
Hooker Headers 2210-1 Hooker Headers Super Competition Headers Chevy/GM Car - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
There's a link right in the post....they are long tubes.

coolest-homemade-short-bus-wheelchair-costume-21314025.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
You had this set up in a third gen? How was the ground clearance? I know my long tube's hit until I put some drag shocks up front but I'm more concerned about speed bumps and the muffler location.

Ground Clearance? Thirdgen? That is a pipe dream! Guys spent lots of time on TGO trying to work out how to get more ground clearance on a thirdgen when using long tubes.

The only real way to do it is to run a double hump X-member, but that requires a T5, or T56. Then you cross the driver side collector to the passenger side and either combine with a Y-pipe, or run parallel dual's along the stock routing. If you do parallel duals you need to keep it to 2.5", or use oval exhaust tubing in spots.

The hooker 2210's are great long tubes, but ground clearance isn't their strong suit.

Some people have to cut the ear off the A-arm brace for the primary tubes to clear.

That said, I'm not saying anyone should NOT buy these headers. If I didn't already have a set of 2210's, I'd consider buying these as I paid $300 for mine, and they aren't ceramic coated.

Thread Info