1974 Impala

My buddy has a 1974 Impala, blue interior purple exterior. Has the following:
-Redone brakes
-New accessories on engine except maybe AC compressor
-350 Chevy, qjet 4bbl/stock intake was originally 2bbl car. I can throw in a Torker II if that's more your thing as well.
-Original T350 trans
-under 70K miles on body
-Stock steel wheels, tires seep air but are low miles. Didn't look dry rotted last I saw but it's been some time.
-new stock style exhaust, no catalyst (as from the factory)

To drive it needs one of the brake lines replaced again (it has a hole somewhere) bled, a battery stuck in it and possibly a qjet rebuild because it's been sitting for a while but I'm the sort that would throw some new gas in her and see what she does. Last time she started and ran fine. The engine and accessories have around 5K on them, and most of that was a single trip to Florida and back. It's a basic engine with an RV cam in it, probably around 8:1 compression.

Paint wise, when he put it on I don't think he used enough reducer. The paint is a purple/black color change paint they used on Saturns. He has extra paint for this (I believe he bought gallon of the color) so it may be possible just to knock the texture down with some 400, do a bit of minor filler work (a couple dings) then shoot another coat on it and have it come out nice. I believe he used Naison but don't quote me on that. It's not the highest line but it sure as hell wasn't the lowest either.

Body wise, there's a bubble or two of rust but overall a very clean car for Chicagoland. It's low milage and it shows in the rust freeness of it.

Interior/Exterior wise, it needs the trim put back on, and it needs door skins in the interior. He has the parts, just hasn't put them in yet.

I'll probably add to this as I go, but he's looking for 2500 out of it as a car and 1000 less the engine and trans.

Thread Info