FS Feeler: 1986 Pontiac Fiero with 350 V8

Thinking of starting another project. With my one son getting interested in cars (he's 15 now) I was thinking of a Father/Son project.
To start it off I would need to sell my 1986 Fiero SE with a V-8. (start up funds and room in the garage)

Here are the specs:
Mechanical:
1986 Fiero SE with around 87K miles on the frame and under 5000 miles on drivetrain and suspension.
Chevy ZZ4 350 V-8 Crate engine rated at 355 hp. (bought brand new) Car was dyno'd after engine was installed and it was 309 hp at the wheels. Car has run 12.3 in the 1/4 mile and 0-60 is just under 4 seconds. V-8 swap was done in fall of 2004 and has had no problems.
Has Sanderson Block hugger headers, Edelbrock 4-bbl carb.
Muncie M19 4-spd with SPEC 3+ clutch
Suspension has poly bushings, Eibach springs, and KYB struts/Shocks
Has a Big Brake kit that uses 11.25" vented rotors
For cooling the radiator was upgraded to a 4-core unit, CSI Electric waterpump, there is a B&M oil cooler in the driver side scoop, and the electric fan temp sensor is set for 180*. Car runs very cool.
Battery relocated to the front of the car.

Exterior:
Side 1/4 scoops. Driver side for oil cooler Passenger side for air flow into engine bay. Front hood is vented, and the 80's style 5X7 headlights have been replaced with 90mm round lights. Rear decklid has a early Trans Am scoop grafted onto the decklid for the air cleaner and an IMSA wrap around spoiler. Roof, Doors, and rear bumper are original factory paint. There are some minor flaws/scuffs on the original painted areas. Cradle and many suspension parts have been powder-coated.

Interior:
Custom 500W stereo system with 8" sub and surround sound processor.
Has Pioneer AM/FM/CD head unit and amplifiers with polk audio speakers, rockford fosgate sub and Audio Control sound processor.
Mr. Mikes Leather seats, and turned aluminum look dash panels (look similar to the dash of the 1970's Trans Am's) Short throw shifter.

Car:
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE with sunroof. Original car had AC and Cruise control. These were removed during the V-8 conversion. Has Power windows, Power Mirrors, and rear window defog. Equipped with an alarm system and keyless entry.

Has won many trophies over the years.

The only things that need attention is the driver side window dew wipe needs to be replaced. I have the part. (Already replaced the passenger side and was planning on doing the driver side this winter), the minor scuffs noted above on the panels that still have factory paint, and the struts for the rear decklid need to be replaced as they do not hold the decklid up anymore.

Extras:
I have a 3 spoke Fiero GT steering wheel and both the factory and Helms shop manuals.

The car was appraised by Hagerty Insurance in 2010 at $24000. It would cost around $19000 to build another Fiero like this one.
That being stated I am looking to sell it for $12,500 or reasonable offer.
Pictures can be seen here: http://www.fquick.com/garages/Pontiac/Fiero/1986/29429

Located in Schaumburg IL
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
I can try to see if any one on pennocks www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi‎
has any interest.

But man.. that is pretty high.
Not saying that you didn't do great work or that the car isn't awesome, but I really haven't seen the kind of prices you are asking for with that body.

here is one with a v-8 archie conversion and a 3 inch chopped top and it went for about 12600
For Sale: Chopped Pontiac Fiero with V8 power*|*Hooniverse

OH NEVERMIND, I see you are already on pennocks.

Um good luck.

Thread Info