1942 Mercury flathead v8 engine

Posting for a friend he doesn't have internet or even a computer

1942 mercury flathead v8 100% complete with engine stand and good rebuildable block as pictured.

Crab distributor rebuilt, new correct wiring, rebuilt generator, starter, and carburetor. The motor is stuck, have tried to free it up with no success. Included is a good 38-42 engine that is rebuildable. (A 81 late 1938 24 stud). He's had these for 10 years and decided not to install in his coupe has gone a different direction

The complete motor is locked up and he hasn't been able to free it up

for pics here's a link to the ebay listing

1942 Mercury Flathead V8 | eBay

Contact Craig at 630-767-9346
450 located in darien

RenoReno2

Regular
Nov 24, 2011
According to Craig the guy selling it yes. 10 minutes after putting this on eBay I've gotten messages from Sweden with people trying to buy this but he doesn't want to deal with crating it up

The rebuildable block the crank freely spins. pans there pistons rods are separated. Call him up if interested old school car guy he's trying to clean out his garage of all extra parts

RenoReno2

Regular
Nov 24, 2011
I found out the difference between the blocks and the years. Accessories are different some had fans on generators, some on balancers, and then some like u see in the pics. Internally the pistons and cylinder walls thicknesses were different. The 42 block is most desirable because they can be bored to a larger ci where the others cylinder wall thickness was less. The accessories can be swapped around is my understanding

Thread Info

• RenoReno2
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list