2001 IRS'd Mustang GT

I am trying to sell this again. By no means do I have to sell but if I can get a decent price there are some things I'd like to do.

Asking $10,000, willing to ship at your expense. Not interested in trades as I already have another car. Car is located in the Chicago area.

The car,

This car is fairly modified. 2001 Mustang GT. I bought the car in 2005 and am the second owner. Title is free and clear. Car has ~79k miles.

Engine/Drivetrain
2003 Cobra T56
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel w/OEM Clutch
Steeda Quick Release Clutch Quadrant
MM Firewall Clutch Cable Adjuster
MM Clutch Pedal Height Adjuster
Aluminum 03-04 Cobra Driveshaft
Detroit True-Trac installed with 3.55 Gears
Custom Rear Differential Cooler with Mocal Pump and -6AN Lines/fittings
Steeda Aluminum Shifter Bushings on stock shifter
BBK Aluminum Underdrive Waterpump Pulley(will include the not installed underdrive pulley for alternator as well)
Cobra R Power Steering underdrive pulley(EXTREMELY RARE)
V6 Serpentine Tensioner Pulley used to Eliminate A/C(No AC Delete tensioner pulley needed with this, cleans up some of the clutter in the engine bay and simplifies belt setup) SO from this you can derive that this is a no AC car.
Battery Relocated to Trunk in vented Aluminum Box(Used all 1 and 2 gauge wiring)
Glass Oil Catch Can on Pass Valve Cover(Never pulled oil through it, just a good thing to be able to keep an eye on)
Canton Aluminum Coolant and Power Steering Reservoir
Prothane Poly Engine Mounts
OEM 99-04 Cobra Windage Tray in a factory oil pan
K&N Short Ram Intake
Trickflow Upper Intake Plenum and 70mm Throttle Body
Bassani Mid-Length Headers
"Custom" offroad X-Pipe to fit Headers
Magnaflow Stainless Catback w/slash cut tips
EGR Delete
SCT XCAL 2 with custom tune
Ford GT Fuel Pump(Original went out and upgraded while it was apart)

Suspension/Chassis
2003 Cobra Independent Rear Suspension with Full Tilt Boogie Racing Delrin Upper and Lower Control Arm kit, MM Poly Subframe Bushings, and the Full Tilt Aluminum Differential Mounts
MM Solid Steering Shaft
MM Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings
MM Adj. Tie Rod Ends Front and Rear(Properly adjusted for near zero bumpsteer at the current lowered height)
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM 4 point front strut tower brace
Bilstein Custom Valved Struts and Shocks with MM Coilover kit Front and rear(Fr. Spring rate #400, Rear #625)
MM Front Control Arms(Forward Offset Style with Delrin Bushings with Grease Fittings)
Steeda X2 Balljoints with Prothane HD poly boots installed in MM Arms
Cobra Sway bars front and rear with Prothane Poly bushings and Adjustable Rear Endlinks
Kenny Brown Rear Shock brace (Welded in)
Kenny Brown 4 point K-member Brace(Bolted in)
Newer OEM Front Hubs and Bearings
ARP 3" Studs in rear hubs(also have studs for front, never installed but will include in sale)
Cobra R 13" Brembo Kit
2003 Cobra Rear Brakes
Goodridge Stainless Brake Lines Front and Rear
Griggs Thru the Floor Subframe Connectors
I will also include in sale a set of front and rear HAWK BLUE RACE PADS with about 30-40% life left, should be good for two more track days.

Interior
4 Point S&W Race Cars Roll Bar with Harness Bar all welded in.
Cobra Evolution Pro Racing Bucket with RACEQUIP 5 Point Camlock Harness(Seat and harness setup almost $1500 alone, only put a couple thousand miles on the seat, like new) I welded in cross bars and the seat is bolted to them, it is adjustable but the seat must be removed and it is a process. Sliders could be added at some point if you wanted.
White Faced Gauges in stock cluster
Accelerator Pedal "Spacer Mod" (adjusts gas pedal to make heel-toe shifting easier)
Autometer ultralite2 gauges, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, and diff temp
The steering wheel has some wear on the leather, could use a rewrap or you could upgrade to a momo or other aftermarket wheel.

Exterior
3M Vinyl Carbon Fiber Overlay on hood and trunk.
Rear Spoiler deleted
Scrape on passenger side scoop and a little bit on the quarter as well. Don't have an estimate on repairing this but should be straightforward for a bodyman. The paint still looks very good, it has been regularly washed/waxed and polished once a month and clay barred once a year. There are a few flaws on the exterior though, it is almost an 11 year old car. The front bumper could use a respray.

The wheels are MB Battles in 17x9.5 inch that have some minor curb rash but still in decent shape. Front tires are new and rears have 60-70%

This is not a show car but it still turns many heads and gets lots of positive feedback. It sounds and drives great, and with a power adder would be the ultimate street/road course machine. Motor had good compression last I checked last year when I did new Bosch Platinum plugs. I also have an extra set of these plugs I can throw in at no extra cost, not that you will need them anytime soon. Oil regularly changed with Castrol Syntec Full Synthetic every 3-4k miles with a motorcraft filter.

Please feel free to PM, post here, or email me at [email protected] with any questions. email will get fastest response.

Thanks for looking,

Justin

Note: some of these pics are older as the car no longer has a rear spoiler.

The wheels

Picture of the "scrape" on the pass side.

A very comfortable seat!

Last edited:

Thread Info