Make: Volvo
Model: XC90
Trim: T6 (Top of the line)
Drivetrain: 260hp twin turbo inline 6, all wheel drive
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: Black
Miles: 93,667 (will go up slightly)
Price: $8500

So this has been a great car for us. We're moving to LA in a few months though and I don't want to cross the country with two cars. So the Volvo goes. This particular one has a bunch of features and a few extras I added.

Auto Leveling Suspension - The rear suspension auto-levels for loads. It's completely mechanical so there's no air compressor. The shocks just pump up to a predetermined level after a couple minutes of driving. So you can put 1000lbs in the back and it will ride at normal height.

Moonroof

Rain-Sensing Wipers

Motorized retractable side mirrors

Rear Audio & Climate Controls

Headlight Washers (yeah!)

Full Leather Interior

Retractable 3rd row - Folds entirely into floor and forms the trunk floor.

Premium Audio - Respectable for an SUV from 2004. Pro-Logic surround, center speaker, etc

Safety - If you have a family seriously nothing beats this... Even by today's standards the XC90 is ridiculously safe which was the main reason we bought it. The roof pillars are made of boron which is apparently super strong. How strong? Here's a video of the XC90's roll over test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqNITUm3WA8

Then there's a few extras:

Remote Start

Auxiliary in Jack - The XC90's have no bluetooth or auxiliary in. The only solution is to add an adapter in the fiber optic ring that allows this. Right now I just have a 1/8th" headphone jack coming out of it so you can plug anything in but the unit itself can plug directly into an iPod/ iPhone or Android device for control from the head unit. For $50 you can get a bluetooth adapter that will give you A2DP streaming audio as well as bluetooth phone calls.

Condition--------------------------------------------------------

Exterior It's really in great condition. It shows what I would consider to be substantially less wear than your average SUV from 2004. There are no dents on the exterior though one of the tail lights is cracked and I'll replace that. You wouldn't notice if I didn't tell you though. :) There are some scratches but nothing excessive and nothing that jumps out at you. You need to look for them and since the truck is silver it's all hidden.

Rust: there is none. Not on the bottom of the doors, not on the edges of the wheel wells, no where. I believe Volvo galvanizes their cars for rust resistance. A lot of parts are aluminum and plastic as well.

The worst sign of wear on the outside is the wheels. They're not bad but they show 9 years worth of curb rash. They still clean up really nice though.

Interior - Awesome condition. The dash looks new. The leather shows superficial creasing but no actual cracking. The carpet can use a cleaning but is also in overall great shape. The interior is above average. Our rugrat is only 21 months old so he's never been in the car out of a seat. Ergo the vehicle hasn't been used and abused by a kid.

Mechanics - The engine and transmission are great. The engine makes no noises and shows no signs of slowing down. I'd probably replace the spark plugs at some point but it's not missing or anything. The transmission shifts without any issues. There are two issues that are small and that I'll most likely take care of:

1. Airbag warning - It's not an airbag light so the system is active. It's just a warning message to service the SRS restraint system because I had to unplug it for a moment when I installed the audio input. So nothing wrong but in the information display it pops up with this message.

2. There is an engine light for an EVAP leak. There's a sensor towards the rear on the gas tank that fails. I haven't had time to touch it and I'll pay to have it fixed but if you were to look at the car today you'd see that light so I'll disclose it here instead of surprising people with it.

And now onto the pictures!

DSC08494.jpg

DSC08495.jpg

DSC08496.jpg

DSC08497.jpg

DSC08500.jpg

DSC08501.jpg

DSC08502.jpg

DSC08503.jpg

DSC08504.jpg

DSC08505.jpg

Rear audio controls
DSC08506.jpg

Rear AC Control
DSC08507.jpg

3rd Row Seating
DSC08509.jpg

All seats up and locked
DSC08510.jpg

Rear Seats down
DSC08511.jpg

All seats down
DSC08512.jpg

Child Booster - This turns into a normal seat in 2 seconds if not needed.
DSC08514.jpg

DSC08515.jpg

DSC08516.jpg

DSC08517.jpg

DSC08518.jpg

DSC08519.jpg

DSC08520.jpg

DSC08521.jpg

The worst of the scratches
DSC08522.jpg

DSC08523.jpg

DSC08524.jpg