02 Regal GS modded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this a few months ago to have something to work on and enjoy this summer with my son but I don't have the time for it and don't want it sitting taking up garage space. I bought it from IN after seeing how clean the body and interior were. It has no dents or rust and the inside has no tears, rip or burns. The previous owner did low 13's in it and it still runs and drives like stock. It is loaded with all power options, monsoon radio (tape stuck in it), climate control, sunroof and heated seats (everything works). I was told it needed front suspension work and battery so I trailered it home with a spare set of factory rims and tires.

Here is the list of things I was told it had:

XP cammed at 110k chassis miles
Crow 105# valve springs
3 angle valve job and new seals when cam installed
3.2 SC pulley
Colder plugs
Cold air intake/filter
Motor has 110k on it
NA trans (02 LS w/60K miles) with HD differential and 3.29 gears
SLP headers
PRJ Tuned (I verified this)
3" exhaust into 2.5" at first bend
F body front brakes
Front strut and rear shock brace
Borla PRoXS muffler and Magnaflow resi
Brand new axles
18x8 +42 HP Evo Lightning (stock rims incl)
brand new lower motor mount
20% lifetime warrantied tint all around
35% on the windshield
tinted tails

I brought it to the shop to install new 2 front Monroe Sensatrac strut package incl the spring, strut mount, bearing plate and spring seat. I had a new front anti roll bar installed with all new attaching hardware, new battery and front end alignment (all 1K). There pointed out a few disconnected harnesses and a loose bolt on the ball joint that they tightened up for me. The seller said the orig trans was blown and they installed a NA one with 60K and the HD differential (3.29) and it was tuned prior to my purchase. The speedometer doesn't work, no EGR, the ABS and traction control are disabled and the tires are low on tread. On the exterior it is missing the lower panel from the passenger front door and the rear passenger door is a lighter color. The lower engine mount was replaced but needs nuts to secure it. I drove the car during the winter to work a few times and ran errands in it. It started every time, idled good and had a lot of power but because of the front tires traction was always a problem when getting into it. Recently driving it I saw oil dripping from the engine compartment. I added oil and drove it to work twice to check it out and the car still runs and drives fine but there is an oil leak and I am taking it as my final sign to let it go. This drives and stops straights and makes no noises. I am pricing it as a project ready to go to someone more time and knowledge who can get it back into shape. I am asking 2,300 and need it gone ASAP!

Contact Joe at rowekmr (at) aol.com or 773 eight79-068one

Here is the original listing:

FS:IN: 02 Regal GS. **XP, SLP, INTENSE** - RegalGS

The Monroe shocks:

Product Details Page

Photobucket pics:

2002 Buick Regal GS Photos by rowekmr | Photobucket

29MAR131600_zps2cc9042e.jpg

29MAR131602_zps6874b402.jpg

29MAR131624_zps779b49c6.jpg

29MAR131616_zpsa6ceb353.jpg

29MAR131617_zpse26e5ad0.jpg

29MAR131620_zps423726d6.jpg

29MAR131606_zps3cfd1330.jpg

29MAR131632_zps0ea0e2bf.jpg

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
The car is on the Southwest Chicago side near Evergreen Park. Update when hooked up to tuning software the codes triggered are VSS, EGR (deleted), wheel speed sensor(s) and oil switch. The oil switch code wasn't triggered when I went to the shop to get the suspension work so now I am hoping that is the source of the oil leak from failed sensor instead of gaskets. If it doesn't sell first I will find the source of the leak and possibly get it repaired. There also wasn't any evidence that it was tuned for the 3.29 gears that are in the trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info