The LSx AWD Turbo Express Van is For Sale

turbo%20van%20500%20x%20375.jpg

12 Second, AWD Turbo Full Size Van. The Ultimate Sleeper!

Specs:
2004 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Turbo!
Originally from California & Nevada, no snow or salt ever!
52,000 miles
Excellent condition
8 Passenger with removable seats
Power windows and locks
Tilt wheel
Cruise control
Front & rear A/C
Tow package
Onstar

The Ultimate Street Sleeper!

Here is your chance to own one of the coolest, most practical, street sleepers ever built. A full-size, AWD, Turbo Van with 12 second time slips at the track!! Great to haul your family around, pick up lumber, move a couch, tow your boat or go racing! With AWD it is ready to handle rain, sleet or snow. You can't get much more versatile than that! With the cut-out closed the exhaust runs through the factory cat-back exhaust and is whisper quiet for cruising comfort. When you open it up this Van turns into a beast and you start beating sports cars like no Van ever should! The look on people’s faces when they get beat is priceless…

This Van has been featured on LSX TV, GM Authority, AMS Blog & a bunch of other blogs & forum boards. Since it was built it has been a bit of an internet phenomenon. It gets a ton of attention at the car shows and drag strip being so unique. It comes with a pretty sick video to show your friends too!

AWD Turbo LSX AMS Express Van - 12 Second 700hp on Vimeo

It was carefully planned and designed by the original owner and Jon Whittington ("1320" on LS1 Tech) to be the ultimate daily driving sleeper. It took them 1 year to build it, they sweated over all the little details to make sure this is a reliable van for the original owner's wife. The end result is a Van that anybody can drive, turn, and stop safely but with a hero mode. The hero mode is, thanks to all wheel drive, turbo, and perfect stall, this Van can launch out of the hole at full boost without any wheel spin on regular street tires time after time. It runs very consistent times and ANYONE can drive it at the track or on the street!

Although we did not build the Van here at AMS we did make a few modifications and improvements. The fuel system was upgraded to a dual pump set up, we made a new intake for the turbo and a few other minor things. The Van was then re-tuned and taken to the track.

This AWD Van goes, stops and steers more like a Corvette than a Van! This Van is no one trick pony. The brakes were upgraded and the suspension modifications were carefully planned out to make this Van more than just a straight line machine. I was even contemplating taking it around the local road course if I had the time. High speed maneuvers are no problem, it is perfectly balanced to handle the 700HP it puts down. I've taken the Van to over 140mph and it was planted solid and had a lot more top-end to go.

Build Specifications:

72mm Turbonetics Ball Bearing Turbo with 1.00 AR Divided Housing P-Trim
Quick Spool Valve
Ceramic piston coating and DEI Lava Wrap on all pipes
Tial 50mm waste gate
Manual boost controller
Cummins Intercooler
Electric exhaust cut out
Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump (x2)
72lb. Injectors
Fuelab fuel pressure regulator
Devils Own water/meth injection (50/50 mix)
Stock 5.3L short block
Corvette LS6 cam
GM 317 Heads (9.0:1 compression ratio)
ARP head studs
Rossler built 4L80E with PI 3000 triple lock up stall (cost $6,500)
14" Power-Slot brakes
Hawk brake pads
Ultra Motorsports 20" Wheels
285/45/20 Kumho Ecsta Tires
1 1/8 inch sway bar in rear (came with nothing)
KYB Mono Max Shocks
Huge trans. cooler and two radiators for coolant: never hot ever
AEM Fail Safe wideband air/fuel gauge (cuts boost if engine were to go lean)
AEM boost gauge
Digital OBD II gauge
Amsoil fluids throughout drivetrain

Performance
60 foot times: high 1.7's
1/8 mile: 7.9 @ 87mph
1/4 mile: 12.49 @ 108mph

Not only is this the fastest Express Van around it is probably the nicest. It has always been garaged and spent 2004-2012 in California and Nevada. Although it now resides in Chicago, I kept it in my climate controlled garage because it is just too nice to drive in the winter (I always spoil all of my cars!). The interior is pretty much mint along with the exterior. It also is set up to pass emissions so no worry's there either.

The Van has seen 26k boosted miles and has proven itself for reliability. Other 5.3L truck engines have been pushed much harder than this one. This Van is thoroughly sorted out and ready to drive anywhere, hell, I drove it to Chicago from Vegas. My wife was driving it over the summer and fall but she wants to go back to a Mitsubishi EVO and I want to keep her happy so I'm letting it go. I was thinking of keeping it for my self but I need a diesel to tow my Turbo LSX Drag Hearse.

Arne

pics and video here 12 Second, AWD Turbo Full Size Van. The Ultimate Sleeper! - Automotosports, Inc.

please email larry@amsperformance with any questions

Thread Info