Best Winter SUV I have owned. 1998 HSE Range Rover

I have for sale a 1998 Range Rover HSE. Curretly it has around 137k miles on it but will change as I drive it daily. Let me start off by saying this is one of the cleanest rovers you will find in the midwest. This SUV has no rust!!!!. The car spent the majority of its life in Florida. You can tell by the photos. This rover runs and drives excellent. And was well taken care of just look at service histroy below. It honestly is the most comfortable SUV I have ever owned. This rover is also the best SUV in the snow hands down. And I have owned plenty different types for SUVs from Jeeps/Explorers/Discover etc. This by far is the best. Please contact me with any questions. Currently looking for 3995.00 obo.

Recent Work
- I have paperwork from 2010 when the head gaskets were done. This is a huge savings for the buyer as its a common repair
- The air suspension was just converted to coil over springs. This is another huge cost savings as the air suspension is very problematic.
- Recently replace brake accumulator.
- Recent Oil and Filter change.

Condition
- The exterior is in excellent shape. This SUV is 14 years old but the body looks like 5
- Interior is in excellent shape as well. I would rate it 8/10
- Rover just passed Illinois emissions last week.

Issues
- Like any rover I have ever owned. It leaks a small amount of Oil. Not enough to bother me
- There was a check engine light related to evap code. This car just passed emissions and car drives fine. P01448. Needs purge valve 80 on ebay. Does not affect driveability
- Sunroof seal leaks a little under hard rain.

range1.jpg

range2.jpg

range3.jpg

range4.jpg

range5.jpg

range6.jpg

range7.jpg

Best winter SUV, 4x4. Snow, Snow plow, winter, Winter vehicle,AWD, Trade,Trades,

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Clean title? How much oil are you going through? Leaking from? When you say the sunroof leaks a little, how little?

Yes. Clean IL title. It does not go through oil. It just leaves a little drop when parked after driving. I do not add oil between changes. As it does not leak that much. The sunroof seal needs to be replaced. If it rains hard and car sits outside it leaks inside.

Thread Info