Feeler Original 1969 Camaro True SS.

I have been going back and forth on selling my 69 Camaro SS.

Heres the short story behind the car.

I bought it in 98 with 93,345 miles on it from the original Bartlet IL owner. the car purchased from Nickey Chevrolet In Chicago. In 2001 My dad was driving it, decided to beat on it and threw the belt, which over heated the Original Numbers matching motor and cracked the lifter valley from front to back. The car went to a shop to get a motor and tons of other upgrades and I got screwed out of $21,000 and my original Number matching Motor and trans. The car sits as a roller minus the TH400 I have for it and the the custom 3" X Pipe Coated exhaust.

The car is all original from 1969 minus trans, exhaust, Caltracs, motor. All the metal, glass, trim emblems, etc are from 69. Interior is all original, never been replaced, or recovered.

The car was a Van Nuys car, original color was Cortez Silver, and is now black with white hockey strips. Its a X11 car, car #468 off the assembly line which is stamped on the frame in Big White letters. The car also still has all the original paint markings when it was assembled to show that the part was done and installed and ready to be moved down the line.

Rare options include.

Factory original R12 Air condition system.
Factory original Power Windows
Factory original Tilt Steering wheel
Factory Deluxe Interior, not houndsooth, but similar. Basically instead of having the two tone the seats are all black but have the same design and texture.
Factory original Floor mounted Engine gauges.

Most Camaros in this era only normally come with one or two of the options my car has. Most of these cars that are clones etc sell for between $50K to 80K depending on option codes.

Im not looking to get rich and ask a million dollars for it, But Im not going to give it away. I also have the original Owners manual, dealership brochure, and original Options code build sheet that is mounted on top of the gas tank. Normally these build sheets are gone or destoyed. The other factory build sheet is under the rear bench set in between the seat and the wire supports. That has never been moved except by the last guy in the assembly plant who put it there.

Im not sure where to start at with price as I havent had a Appraiser look at the car. With all of my documentation and original paper work I have the car is worth a decent amount of money.

What the car needs to be drivable.

Motor
Fuel line and fuel pump, convertor. I already have the brand new coated Headers, X pipe, Sumped factory gas tank, all the wiring, and the MSD Box, Custom aluminum radiator, new brakes, and braided brake lines, Caltrac Bars, new 18" Fikse wheels and tires.

After getting screwed with the car, I havent found or had the money to get the car going. Honestly 3K could get this thing back on the road with a decent motor. The car hasnt seen the street since 2001. The car is my dream car and I dont want to sell it but I keep thinking about it since who knows when I can get the car done. I got screwed with a car accident and couldnt work for 8 months, couldnt pay my bills, Looking to get out of my house and move closer to back home to down grade and save money. The car will help with that.

SERIOUS Offers will be thought about.

I still have the original Radiator, fan Shroud, Alternator, that will go with the car if I plan to let it go.

Here are the pics I have as of now. The car has always been under a car cover. I can get more pics if there is interest. I will not push the car out of the garage myself due to not being able to stop it and fear the car going into the street. Anyone who wants to look at it can help me do this to look it over.

Call Mike with any questions. 847-489-1982

1969CamaroSS002.jpg

1969CamaroSS004.jpg

1969CamaroSS001.jpg

DSCN0911.jpg

Thread Info