FS: 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4

Start the flame sesh now......

:io:

Quoted From Craigslist
Up for sale/ trade my 1992 Galant VR4 (Number 342 of 1000 for 1992). There are 144,000 miles on the body/chassis and just a hair over 1,000 on the rebuilt motor. I have put ALOT of time and money into this car and have SPARED NO EXPENSE. I hate to see it go, but I would like to finish up another long term project of mine for the summer.

Motor:

Bottom End-

-Fresh Built 6-bolt 4G63 Motor
-Ross 8.5:1 High Compression Pistons and rings
-Manley Rods
-Stock Crank
-O ringed block
-ARP Main Bolts
-ARP Rod Bolts
-ARP Main Studs
-ACL Rod and Main bearings

Head-

-Fully Ported by Apex Machining (have been doing DSM motors/ heads for years)
-1mm Oversized Valves
-Manley Springs

Motor was assembled with ALL NEW MITSUBISHI PARTS. NO DURALAST SHIT TO BE FOUND.
-Mitsubishi Evo 9 timing belt (kevlar)
-Mitsubishi timing belt tensioner
-Mitsubishi high flow oil pump
-Mitsubishi water pump
-Mitsubishi serpentine belts
-Mitsubishi knock sensor
-Mitsubishi Evo 3 three-layer MLS Head Gasket ($147 alone!)

ALL gaskets were replaced with OEM Mitsubishi parts, even as far as their RTV used in places such as the oil pan which is the only true way to get them to not leak as far as I have found.

Driveline;

-6 leg Quartermaster Twin Disc Clutch with 4,000 miles
-Quartermaster Flywheel resurfaced BY QUARTERMASTER 1,000 miles ago.
-Stock Trans (Smooth Shifting, no grinds into gears)
-Stock Rear End. Car still has active 4 wheel steering.
-ALL FLUIDS (Trans/Transfer Case/Rear Differential) were flushed and filled with Redline fluids 1,000 miles ago.

-Walbro 255 in tank fuel pump
-3" Downpipe Back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler (sounds great)
-K&N Filter on stock 1G MAF
-Hallman Manual Boost Controler
-Autometer Guages (Boost and Wideband Air:Fuel)
-New Radiator
-ALL NEW BOOST LINES

The car is currently running on its stock 14b turbo at 16#'s of boost (turbo seals burning a bit of oil) through a Hallman Manual Boost Controler (one of the best out there), but I have a 20g turbo for the right price. The motor has never seen more than 16#'s of boost and has never been launched or beat on. I have essentially built your car and broken it in properly for you. Head has been torqued three times after advised amount of warm up cycles to 100 ft/lbs. Body is very clean. Has SOME underbody rust, but is nowhere near rotted or un-repairable. There are a few blemishes, but the paint looks 100% better than any 20 year old Mitsubishi paint you normally see. The car has a CLEAN CARFAX which I can provide. I am the 3rd owner, and the 2nd owner only owned the car for a few months before the original engine developed a rod knock. The carfax shows a ton of maintence done by the original owner, who owned the car almost 18 years. The car was 100% STOCK when I purchased it down to air filter and exhaust. The wiring is all original, NOTHING has been cut, spliced, extended, etc. Not your typical spaghetti monster of a DSM.

Interior is all original black leather in great condition. I have the original radio as well as an aftermarket head unit that will go with the car. I have a boost guage and Air:Fuel guage in the car (both autometer, AFR is wideband welded into the exhaust properly. All power windows work, sunroof works, power locks work (two keys). Overall, this is one of the best.

I am asking $5,995 for the car as it, and can get the next owner aftermarket parts to take this car to another level for VERY reasonable prices. My next step on it was an intercooler, SAFC and a 2g MAF, which would waken this car the hell up. Please call or txt if you have any questions. Serious inquiries only please. My cell is 847-2three9-0620.

I am interested in trades. I've owned everything from Alfa Romeo's to GMC's, Jeeps to Diesel Mercedes cars, I'm an automotive enthusiast and can appreciate almost any car, so you name it and I'll consider it. With that said, I would prefer a manual transmission in a sporty car, but don't mind auto in trucks or luxury cars. I do NOT want to put any additional cash down on top of my car, and would really like to trade my car for yours +$1,500-$2,000. Let me know what you have.

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57256&page=6

/\ Link to build thread page 6 with most of the pictures from the build and some of the car

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
41787_214277156210_9019_n.jpg

Pics?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

:rofl: after I just said I'd keep it too!

Do you not enjoy owning cars :rofl:

Want to concentrate on the cutlass as it will be coming back from paint soon, and I'll be getting something else sooner than later.

remember u cant own 3 cars if you live with parents.

This is true. Boat's dont count.

lol wtf..i put my car up for sale and all of a sudden rob is selling is bike and now your selling the gay-lant...fuck is going on lol

2012, gotta get bigger and better things before the Mayan's shit on our world :tinfoilhat:

uhm, why?

Won't have the time to really enjoy it honestly. I've got my boat, and the Jeep for off roading which is going to take up alot of my summer time and disgressionary income wise. I'm considering finding another one that's from down south, and a little more "stock" lol.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Yeah it sucks. Financially I have 0 interest in the cutlass. My dad has always wanted 1 so he's the 1 paying for it, I would of done a nova or camaro and wouldn't have cared as much about an actual restoration so I'm not selling it to pay for anything else. I'm just trying to be realistic lol, I'm 20 years old and have 3 cars in a boat. That is by no means necessary, and since I'm going to start have a leak getting into off roading with the jeep, this is the 1 that has lead the least amount of interest

Thread Info