For Sale: 1990 Mystic Notchback with Vortech

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reserving this spot with more details/pics to come. This is my neighbor's car and is super clean. I think the car has just shy of 70K on the clock, the paint has less than 1K on it. This car is absolutely rust free and the paint job was in the ballpark of around $7K. The paint is flawless and has only one very tiny nick that I have seen. The car sits under a cover in the garage at all times. He is selling the car because he is too scared to take it out anywhere in fear of door dings and he is buying an SVT Raptor. This is the cleanest notch I have ever seen in person, no joke.

More to come.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I will get more specs this week and better pics. He has owned this car since 1994 and the reason the car was painted is because he hit a drunk lady that ran into the street. Here are some ok pics from Lukes last year.

ULDSC_0043.jpg

ULDSC_0064.jpg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
1990 Ford Mustang Notchback

This is the 2nd owner of the car and it was purchased in 1994. The car has not seen a winter since he has owned it and has 61,200 miles. The car was originally black, but a drunk lady ran out in front of him (on foot and not a car) back in 2003. When he sent the car to the body shop for repair he had them strip the complete car down to bare metal. The front bumper, headlights, rear bumper, trunk lid, and body moldings were all replaced. The hood was replaced with a Cervini's Ram Air hood. Car was repainted with DuPont ChromaLusion Mystic Purpleen Prism (KK761). There is less than 1K miles on this paint and there is only one nick on the whole entire car. The paint is damn near perfect. Car comes with cover, new master cylinder, original AC equipment (not on car), and some gauges. He does not need to sell this car and will not take any low-ball offers. He is asking $16,500 OBO.

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q269/greasy1979/Mystic Notch/

Engine
- Vortech V-1
- Brodix Heads
- FRPP F Cam
- 30 Lbs. Injectors
- BBK Fuel Pump 190 LPH
- Edelbrock Performer Upper/Lower Intake
- MSD Ignition
- Mac Shorty Headers
- BBK H-Pipe with Hi-Flow Cats (Off Road H-Pipe not on car)
- Flowmaster Exhaust

Suspension
- FRPP B Springs
- Koni Red Adjustable Shocks/Struts
- Southside Machine Bars
- Rear Disc Brake Conversion
- Driveshaft Safety-Loop
- Summit Subframe Connectors

Drivetrain
- FRPP 3.73 Gears
- King Cobra Clutch
- Hurst 5 Speed Shifter

Wheels
- Polished Cobra R 4 Lug 17" x 9" Wheels
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Tires 235/45/17 (Front)
- Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial 275/40/17 (Rear)

MysticNotch004.jpg

MysticNotch005.jpg

MysticNotch006.jpg

MysticNotch007.jpg

MysticNotch008.jpg

MysticNotch009.jpg

MysticNotch010.jpg

MysticNotch012.jpg

MysticNotch013.jpg

MysticNotch014.jpg

MysticNotch015.jpg

MysticNotch016.jpg

MysticNotch017.jpg

MysticNotch018.jpg

MysticNotch019.jpg

MysticNotch020.jpg

MysticNotch021.jpg

MysticNotch022.jpg

MysticNotch023.jpg

MysticNotch001.jpg

MysticNotch004.jpg

MysticNotch003.jpg

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
Awesome looking car for sure.

A painter buddy of mine always told me that you could never paint a car the actual Ford Mystic color. Ford would only allow it to be used on cars that were originally Mystichrome. Anyone know any truth to this?

spray2play

spray2play
Mar 24, 2012
Frankfort Il
Awesome looking car for sure.

A painter buddy of mine always told me that you could never paint a car the actual Ford Mystic color. Ford would only allow it to be used on cars that were originally Mystichrome. Anyone know any truth to this?

That is true. I have only had 1 experience with a mystic cobra and it was an ordeal to get it painted. The car had to be inspected and verified that it was a true mystic car and then PPG sends the rep out for the paint process. He mixes the paint and then cleans the gun so that the car owners keep their exclusivity. Sweet ride and good luck with the sale. I will be trying to sell my '93 notch but I am sure it will be hard to sell something that I have 40k in.

EIGHTYD

May 31, 2012
96 Mystic Paint

That is true. I have only had 1 experience with a mystic cobra and it was an ordeal to get it painted. The car had to be inspected and verified that it was a true mystic car and then PPG sends the rep out for the paint process. He mixes the paint and then cleans the gun so that the car owners keep their exclusivity. Sweet ride and good luck with the sale. I will be trying to sell my '93 notch but I am sure it will be hard to sell something that I have 40k in.

Im going to have to disagree ... I actually painted my 01 Cobra Mystic with the real 96 Mystic which was not made by PPG it was developed by BASF... I still have a half gallon of it I am saving for a rainy day ...To whoever owns the notch Nicely done looks good ... I have yet to see a fox body thats been painted with chromalusions that has looked even close to as good as yours ... you definitely picked the closest tint to the 96 mystic ...Anyways just wanted to say nice job on the car Looks good man ... .-Justin-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info