4.6 4v Turbo Fox

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20844960@N08/sets/72157629076608272/ I am selling my 1989 Ford Mustang with a Turbo 4.6 4v

Car is originally a Georgia car, NO rust anywhere.

$12K or best offer. Trades are welcome, but please be reasonable.
Car is currently in storage, if you would like some pictures off jack stands please let me know.

Reason for sale is lack of interest and its street manners.

I purchased this car in February of 2005. The mod motor swap was already completed. I have never open up the motor or know if there is anything done to it. When I bought the car it had a Vortech T-Trim on it and a TKO 5 speed in it. The car made 500RWHP with that setup on 12psi. Since I have owned the car, I have replaced the Vortech with a Precision 76mm Turbo setup. The trans was upgraded to a built 4R70W with a manual valve body from BC automotive. Stock K member was replaced with a full tubular UPR front suspension. Front brakes upgraded to 04 cobra and rears to Aerospace Drag kit.

Motor:
4.6 4 v Long Block internals/Heads unknown
Moroso 7qt deep oil pan
Moroso Catch can
Meziere electric water pump
Howe Radiator
DiabloSport Mafia
Reverse headers ceramic coated

Fuel:
10 gallon fuel cell in trunk
Weldon 2015 External Fuel pump
-10 external Weldon filters before and after pump
-10 steel braided feed line
BBK Fuel rails
50# injectors
Aeromotive Fuel pump controller
Aeromotive Regulator

Power Adder:
Precision 76mm Turbo
Tial wastegate with 11# & 15# springs
Tial blow off valve
Front mount Intercooler capable of 1000HP
Custom 3.5 down pipe to dual 3inch magnaflow mufflers, dump before axle

Tuning:
Sct performance pro racer series
Sct Eliminator switch chip
99 cobra ECU

Trans:
BcAuto built 4R70W capable of 1000HP
B&M Ratchet Shifter
Manual valve-body with electronic overdrive
3600 stall Billet Racer Series Torque Converter

Ignition:
MSD DIS-4
MSD Dual Ignition Adapters
MSD coil pack boosters

Suspension:
UPR tubular K Member
UPR Tubular A arms
UPR coil-overs
UPR Bump-steer kit
Flaming River manual rack
Maximum Camber/Caster plates
Hotchkis adjustable rear trailing arms
Strange Engineering adjustable shocks rear
BBK springs rear
Moser diff cover
Sub frame contectors
8pt cage not certified
Redline Hood struts

Brakes:
03-04 cobra calipers Front
03-04 cobra rotors Front
Aerospace Rear Drag Race Kit for 8.8

Wheels/Tires
235/45R17 Nitto 555 fronts (7/32)
275/40R17 Goodyear Eagle SS Drag Radials (NEW)
1999 Cobra Black painted wheels
ARP extended Wheel studs all around

Misc/Interior
AutoMeter Sport Comp Tach With playback
AutoMeter thin shift light
AutoMeter Boost gauge
AutoMeter oil pressure gauge
AutoMeter water temp gauge
CNC Racing seats front
Stock rear seats
2 Five point harness
Painless switches for electric fans, Water pump, and Overdrive

Interior could use some TLC. When I first got the car there were no interior door panels or gauges. I installed the gauges and found some gray door panels.
The interior is still missing some bezels around the inside door levers and window buttons. The shifter is mounted, but could use some modifications to look a lot better.

The Bad:
The car does NOT always key start. After I installed the auto the car doesn’t always want to key start. Sometimes it will key start 5-10 times in a row, and sometimes it wont 5-10 times in a row. I have a remote switch I put on the solenoid to jump it.

It needs a tune badly. I don’t really have the time or money to get it done. I tried getting it done at SuttonHP when they were around, but it blew off an up pipe clamp that flew into the radiator and never got completed. Fixed the radiator though. She runs real rich, so when you drive it she sometimes dies out when coming to a stop.

The spacer plate between the trans and motor is bent. When ever you start the car she makes a rattle for 2 seconds then goes away. I’ve noticed it make the noise again at higher RPM but only once.

Paint is pretty good, with the exceptions of a dime size piece of paint missing on the left front bumper. There is also a paint run above the driver headlight. Took me 2 years before I noticed it.

Street manners in my opinion is terrible. I am not used to driving a Mustang with a cage and tubular front end. I grew up driving Grand Nationals so maybe I am use to that big boat compared to this thing.

I really haven't driven this car much with the new set up. I have no idea on miles on body or motor the guy I got it from didn’t know really anything about the car except some little things. I have had it since 2005 and put maybe 1500 miles on it at most.

Please email me with any questions [email protected]

I am a very honest person and do not want any surprises for anyone. This car has some outstanding potential, but its not what I am into anymore.
I belong to a lot of forums with the same username. I do not post a lot, but I do use these sites for knowledge. You can look me up on: turbobuick.com chicagosvt.com nmra.com modularfords.com
I will post this on those sites as well.

Thank you for your time.
Jason

Thread Info

• RUBRMAN
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list