Who needs a modified COT for an Eaton Swap?

I will start making these for people who need them.
Matter of fact, there is one off being welded right now, and should be ready to ship early next week at the latest.

INFO: The COT I make will only work with the older style bracket from Terry.

-It will be shipped uncoated and ugly from sanding/welding...I can have it coated for you if you'd like.
-There will be no 1/2" tube welded in for a cooling mod (Ill gladly sell you one of my cooling mods that does not require it)
-You will need to buy 4 new O-Rings Ford # 391533-S100
-I pressure test them before shipping.

The Kicker? I will NOT SHIP you a modified COT until I have a stock Marauder COT in my hands from you. They are too scarce for me to chance you not sending yours back, even with a core charge added on.

They will be $220 shipped and my cooling mod is $80.

Please do not PM me saying you will be ready to buy one 3 months from now, I really dont care to know that info.
If you are ready for one NOW and have a stocker to send me, PM me.

Im only doing one at a time so there may be a 2 week delay to fab it and have it welded.
They are guaranteed to fit perfectly since I have a spare engine on a stand I mock these up on.
The first one can be yours this week! :headbang:

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Oct 18, 2009
I will start making these for people who need them.
Matter of fact, there is one off being welded right now, and should be ready to ship early next week at the latest.

INFO: The COT I make will only work with the older style bracket from Terry.

-It will be shipped uncoated and ugly from sanding/welding...I can have it coated for you if you'd like.
-There will be no 1/2" tube welded in for a cooling mod (Ill gladly sell you one of my cooling mods that does not require it)
-You will need to buy 4 new O-Rings Ford # 391533-S100
-I pressure test them before shipping.

The Kicker? I will NOT SHIP you a modified COT until I have a stock Marauder COT in my hands from you. They are too scarce for me to chance you not sending yours back, even with a core charge added on.

They will be $220 shipped and my cooling mod is $80.

Please do not PM me saying you will be ready to buy one 3 months from now, I really dont care to know that info.
If you are ready for one NOW and have a stocker to send me, PM me.

Im only doing one at a time so there may be a 2 week delay to fab it and have it welded.
They are guaranteed to fit perfectly since I have a spare engine on a stand I mock these up on.
The first one can be yours this week! :headbang:

Good stuff, Maynard! :biggthump

I'll pass along the info to a couple guys that I know that are in the market.

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
The COT (Crossover Tube) is the part of the coolant system that is right in front of the intake plenum and above the alternator. When you do an Eaton swap, this part needs to be cut apart in mutliple areas and rewelded otherwise it will be in the way of the Eaton pulley and belt. Awesomeness as usual Zack. :biggthump

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Ya know, its posts like the one above that got me booted from MM.net
I always seem to find myself on the asshole side of the discussion, but after re-reading the post that prompted my response, its easy to see im not the asshole. Not saying you are either Burt, but give me a break. This piece is a total bitch to make for the average Eaton swapper. My first go at it took hours and multiple tubes.
This very piece is what can deter a weekend mechanic from doing the swap in the first place.

So again, there is no discount. My time is not free, but my knowledge is free for the masses 24/7.

It takes me 2-3 hours to make and tack weld.
Then a trip to the welder...and another to pick it up. (50 bucks)
When welding is done near the bungs on the COT, we run the risk of melting the factory solder that holds it in place. It has taken me and the welder multiple different methods to get this right....but we haven't perfected it. The very COT that's available now leaked when I pressure tested it. So I had to prep the area properly and drop some silver solder in.
Back to my cost.... after I get it back I install plugs in all the holes and put 40 psi in the pipe and submerge it for 10 minutes.
Then I repeat on the other part of the COT.
After that, I come on here, spend time marketing it and have lengthy discussions like this one.
So ask yourself, is 200 bucks too much to ask for this?
I think not.

Burt Ragio

Apr 2, 2011
So does that mean even if the order # were upped from five to say maybe five and a half or six C/O tubes there is no discount ? Just kiddin I get the picture $220 shipped it is. It's a royal pain in the butt & very time consuming to modify these c/o tubes. I would be honored if you could make me one. PM sent.

huh?!

Jan 18, 2012
Zack,

Are these still available? I am going to be in need of one w/in 2 weeks as I am starting to prep for my motor swap.

Thank you.

EDIT: just re-read and it says they only work with the older style eaton swap brackets. I just got my brackets yesterday from terry. dang it.

huh?!

Jan 18, 2012
I still have one made, ready to go.
(old brackets)
Making a COT for the new style bracket is a Huge pain in the dick.
You clear the bracket but then it hits the underside of the snout of the blower.

Its something I would never miss doing again.

Does this only happen with the eatons from the way their snouts are (basically tank armor with protuding ribs)? Would this happen if I went with, say, a whipple 2.3 or 2.9 (IIRC, their snouts are more cylindrical in design)?

Thread Info