2004 Mustang Cobra T56 Trans - $500/OBO

SOLD

Trans from my 04 Cobra, approx 30K Miles, driven on weekends, pleasure vehicle.

Ok, now that I have your interest, over half of those miles that gave me pleasure were on the weekend when i was driving it on a road course. The trans needs some work, I am not sure what it would cost to go through it. It has 4 forward gears that are working, 5th is there but rolls out w/ torque applied, 6th disappeared altogether and reverse works best downhill. :alcoholic.

Before a track event @ Elkhart Lake this last August I went through the car and changed all the fluids including the trans fluid and drove the car up to Elkhart Lake for a track event. I ran 2 laps the first session and only 1 lap the second session due to the newly encountered trans issues. I drained the trans fluid @ the track and found some gold dust :eek: in the new trans fluid. I drained all the trans fluid and put in fresh trans fluid and discontinued driving the car agressively since i had a new mission, to get the car home w/o a tow or assistance. Well the cobra did not let me down and I made it home just fine and I decided the best thing for me to do was to go with a T56 Magnum. I removed the T56 and in doing so I did not see any more gold dust in the new fluid.

So what is left is a 2004 Cobra Tremec T56 complete from input shaft to output shaft w/ the sensors & solenoids. I do not know the condition of the parts inside but you are free to come over to my house and we can open it up or you can give me a deposit and bring or sent to your trans rebuilder for an estimate if you are so inclined.

I described my trans symptoms to D&D and they said my trans had some value to them as a core and that they would purchase it from me but I did not pursue that as I would rather not ship it.

A good winter project or large paper weight.

$500 OBO - Tinley Park

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
definitely interested in this. When could i come check it out?

01bluesnake, Give me a call tomorrow - I'll PM you my number.

sschassis, I'll give you a call tomorrow.

sonicsaleen, yes it is the trans only with the electronic speedometer pickup, reverse lockout solenoid and backup (reverse) lamp switch. I already sold the driveshaft and I retained the trans & O2 wiring harness, bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, crossmember, etc to use with my new trans. It is just the trans minus the stock shifter handle since I needed that for the new trans. I can package the trans with a MGW Red handle shifter for a package deal.

sschassis

Senior Nilater
Jul 6, 2005
01bluesnake, Give me a call tomorrow - I'll PM you my number.

sschassis, I'll give you a call tomorrow.

sonicsaleen, yes it is the trans only with the electronic speedometer pickup, reverse lockout solenoid and backup (reverse) lamp switch. I already sold the driveshaft and I retained the trans & O2 wiring harness, bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, crossmember, etc to use with my new trans. It is just the trans minus the stock shifter handle since I needed that for the new trans. I can package the trans with a MGW Red handle shifter for a package deal.

I'll take the trans for $500, looking forward to the rebuild.

Thread Info