2003 Dark Shadow Gray Cobra

CAR IS SOLD!

Guys, I'm moving to Florida in a month so, after a lot of thought, I have decided to sell my Cobra rather than take it down there with me. I am offering you guys first shot at it before I put it up on Ebay and AutoTrader.

I am the original owner. I am a moderator on ChicagoSVT and am one of the former owners of LDC Chicago.

My Cobra is a 2003 Dark Shadow Gray coupe, wingless, with 68,8XX miles. It has chrome '03 Cobra wheels. The car has always been garage kept It was tuned by James Parker (owner of Running With The Devil out of Mobile Alabama) using an SCT Xcalibrator 2 (included with car; has two tunes plus stock tune). Dyno results after tuning were 497rwhp/467tq (Adjusted #s. Raw hp # was 510). Highest trap speed I have run in the half dozen or so times I took the car to a track is 119 mph. I am still using the original, stock clutch which shows my propensity for granny launching and shifting. The transmission was replaced by Ford under warranty after the output shaft broke. The original rear end was swapped for a 4.10 which I felt was too much gear for the car and then swapped again for a low mileage stock '04 Cobra IRS with stock 3.55 gears. I traded the stock '03 gray seats for the better looking stock black seats from VenomInside's '04. This car is one of only a very few to have Dark Shadow Gray paint and black seats since Dark Shadow Gray was not offered in '04 and the black seats were not offered in '03. The car includes a Pioneer DVD player and a Prestige alarm. I replaced all 4 tires last year (approximately 3,000 miles ago). There are a few minor rock chip nicks in the paint which I had a body shop owner/friend touch up. No accidents, dings or dents ever.

Here's a list of mods. I may have forgotten one or two but this list should be fairly complete.

Stegemeier Stage 3 ported and polished blower.
BilletFlow 2.76 Blower Pulley (Black)
BilletFlow Idler Pulleys (Black) (4)
Gord's Ford Intercooler w/Dual Fans
Maximum Motorsports Full Length Sub Frame Connectors
Mathis Brackets
BilletFlow IRS brace
K+N FIPK Air Intake w/S+B 10” Air Filter
SCT 2400 MAF
60 LB. Injectors
Kenne Bell Boost A Pump
Bassani X Pipe
Bassani Cat Back Exhaust
MGW shifter
H.I.D. Headlights
Raptor Shift Light
LDC Clutch Freeplay Correction Kit
LDC Grill Kit
LDC Hood Light
Redline Tuning Hood Struts
Steeda Quick Release Clutch Quadrant and Fire Wall Adjuster
Carbon Fiber Look Bumper Inserts

I am pricing the car for a quick sale. $16,300.

Respond here or PM me for showings. No joy rides, please. I live in Frankfort (Chicago South Suburbs)

Attachments

• Cobra Driver Quarter 2.jpg
    Cobra Driver Quarter 2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 669
  • Cobra Front.jpg
    Cobra Front.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 660
  • Cobra Front 3.jpg
    Cobra Front 3.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 658
  • Cobra Driver Side.jpg
    Cobra Driver Side.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 660
  • Cobra Driver Side 2.jpg
    Cobra Driver Side 2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 660
  • Cobra Driver Quarter 1.jpg
    Cobra Driver Quarter 1.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 655
  • Cobra Rear.jpg
    Cobra Rear.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 646
  • Cobra Passenger Quarter.jpg
    Cobra Passenger Quarter.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 789
  • Cobra Motor 1.jpg
    Cobra Motor 1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 794
  • Cobra Motor 2.jpg
    Cobra Motor 2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 643
  • Cobra Driver Seat 2.jpg
    Cobra Driver Seat 2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 648
  • Cobra Dash.jpg
    Cobra Dash.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 640
  • Cobra Rear Seat.jpg
    Cobra Rear Seat.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 639
  • Cobra Radio.jpg
    Cobra Radio.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 636

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have been asked to post pics of the rock chips. Here are shots of 2 chips on the hood and 1 on the bumper. I still have to take 1 of the pass. door.

Guys have also asked what's wrong with the car. Basically, it's in great shape, especially for an 8 year old car. I get thumbs up every day. There are several minor issues mainly due to wear. I'm listing them here so you guys know everything I do. Believe me, the car is very good to excellent condition and I am being picky mentioning these. :)

1. A few rock chips
2. Driver's seat belt folds over on itself at times and I have to unfold it to free it up. It has done this for years so I don't know if it's wear or a design issue.
3. Driver's carpet has a 3" worn spot under the mat from where my foot used to rest when I had the car on cruise control.
4. Steering wheel outer layer is worn at the top of the steering wheel.
5. Stereo has 2 amps and 10" JL Audio sub in trunk. I never built boxes/carpet to finish the set up.
6. One of the BilletFlow pulleys started squeaking recently. I have had these pulleys for many years and replaced two of them in the last year. I think the bearing life may be 5 or 6 years. $65 from Doug at BilletFlow.
7. Leather on one panel of driver's seat is wearing. Starting to show cracks in the leather although no deep cracks yet. I use good cleaner and preservative on the leather and the one panel is the only one starting to wear.

Here're pics of the chips.

Attachments

• Cobra 024 resize.jpg
    Cobra 024 resize.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 402
  • Cobra 026 resize.jpg
    Cobra 026 resize.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 402

Thread Info