FS/FT: 2004 Mustang COBRA - 16k miles! - highly modded show/go car

2004 Black Mustang Cobra with $37,000 in parts and another $17,000 in labor!!

FOR SALE - $28,500
- will also consider straight trades (for truck/suv) but prefer trades + cash

Title in hand
16,000 miles, one owner
No accidents
Modified out the wazoo, really
:)

I bought this car new late in 2004 for 34k. Since then it has been in a constant state of being modded or waiting for the money to finish, until now, it is done!! That’s why it has only 16,000 miles! I have put more than 37k in parts and 17k into labor into with all the receipts to prove it. It has been professionally tuned and dyno’d at Sutton High Performance Ford. I have a ton of documentation for this car, including receipts for every part, research info, SVT certification sheet, Carfax, dyno sheet, etc.

You must view the attached mods list to begin to understand all that has been done to this car, more than I could possibly list here.

This car has quite a few one-off and unique modifications. Many modded Cobras out there just have the performance but no show aspect or are just show cars without the performance backbone. This car has all the basics covered and then some. Performance wise it would be very easy to drop in a larger supercharger, a BAP and maybe larger injectors to have 650rwhp. Clutch, driveline, suspension, and all other supporting mods are already done.

I have de-modded the car somewhat so that it will appeal to a larger range of car enthusiasts. It’s current mode is:

- full backseat with (2) 2 point belts
- somewhat useable trunk
- side window monitors (cannot see through side windows)

It could also be configured 2 other ways, mostly stock or full show car.

Mostly stock:
- install side window interior panels and remove monitors. 3 point seat belts could then be installed.
- remove air ride system tank and audio/video equipment form trunk floor and you would have a stock trunk after replacing trunk liner

Full show car:
- Remove rear seat belts and seats and replace with custom rear seat delete that includes a 17” widescreen monitor and storage compartments (could also install a 2nd battery, isolator, audio capacitor and audio amplifier temp. gauges
- Put custom trunk panels and XBOX back in trunk. You would now have a separate flushed in audio/video system in trunk with XBOX and a 10” monitor

There are a lot of parts included with this car but not installed. Most of the parts I just mentioned are included to take the car to any level you want.

SOME HIGHLIGHTS:
- capable of being a full show car with a 17” widescreen monitor where the back seat used to be, has (2) 7” Alpine monitors fit into the side windows of the car that cannot be seen (from the inside or the outside) until they are turned on, Alpine DVD head unit with Alpine navigation, JL Audio sub and amplifier, top of the line Boston Acoustics speakers, etc., XBOX or other video game system capable, lighted SVT sign under the trunk lid, Plexiglas lighted TERMINATOR logo built into dash above stereo, etc., etc., etc….
- has a trick, swing-out, solid aluminum fuel door
- rear Air Ride brand air suspension system. Front air struts are included but not installed
- the entire chassis has been stiffened and modified for performance
- the IRS has been strengthened with every product available including level 5 half-shafts
- it has a full compliment of high end Autometer Nexus gauges that are LED lit and change colors with an included controller. You can change out gauges by simply plugging in the new one
- has over $5000 in wheels and tires. The wheels are 3 piece iforged wheels. The wheels can be narrowed or widened anytime by bolting on new inner/outer wheel lips. The tires are about the stickiest available in a handling tire
- rear fender lips have been rolled
- has BOTH available engine cooling mods installed, you never have to worry about the head tick with this car
- black powdercoated engine and suspension front and rear
- car starts by pushing a button, not by turning the key and has a Viper alarm system
- full Bassani exhaust (including headers), Maximum Motorsports front end, upgraded brake rotors and pads, all rubber bushings throughout the car replaced with urethane, etc.
- SO MUCH MORE

The car is 99% complete but does have a couple of remaining things to sort out.
- Crusie control-not operational but it has got to be something simple since it worked before pulling engine for header install, etc.
- Remote gas cap opener-needs to be re-programmed but still can be opened from trunk
- No video on Alpine head unit-needs to be re-wired to emergency brake lever to allow video and music fine tuning in front.
- Has a ¾” scratch on right rear quarter panel and some other minor paint chips. Does have a significant crack in the paint on the hood and will need to be re-painted to be perfect
Mostly I am nit-picking, all of these I think can be easily sorted out, just want to get car listed. I have lowered my initial asking price in accordance with the few remaining things left to be done.

There is sooooo much more to this car than can be explained here. I can provide pics of more of the details if desired (gas cap, COBRA lettering, etc.) Please contact me or reply here with questions.

Please contact me and I can send you the following files via E-mail:
- Carfax
- Dyno sheet
- SVT certification
- Mods list
- Other info sheet

Thanks,

Chris

DSC02214.jpg

_20-371-9.jpg

_20-371-7.jpg

_20-371-10.jpg