AC Cobra for sale or trade

Due to lack of use my dad and I are going to put our AC Cobra up on the market in order to get something with a roof and preferably air conditioning. We bought the car a couple of years ago from a friend of my dads who had started the project and nearly completed it only to move onto another project. We did some more work to it and it is now a nearly street legal car though I still drive it on the street anyway. The car is already titled and it is considered a 1964 aka. no emission testing. The reason for the car not being completely street legal is that the speedometer has not been hooked up. Now for the info and pics.

The kit was produced by the company Hunters who is now out of business. It is powered by a chevy 350 producing 425hp according to the previous owner. It has a TCI transmission I believe it is a turbo 350 but I could be wrong I don't know how to tell each one apart. The suspension including independent rear axle and 4-wheel disc brakes is out of an 84 corvette. It is currently using manual steering and manual brakes. The car has line-lock installed on it as well making it a very well suited for the drag strip. Now for the bad the car was not professionally painted as the previous owner had painted it there is a couple of spots where the clear coat had run and the paint had been mis-sprayed or sanded through slightly. The speedometer needs to be hooked up and the fuel gauge or sending unit needs to be replaced. The price for now is 18k OBO. Now for pics:

P8100015.jpg

P8100016.jpg

P8100017.jpg

P8100018.jpg

P8100019.jpg

P8100020.jpg

P8100021.jpg

P8100022.jpg

P8100023.jpg

Price: 18k

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
the market is horrible for these cars. i'd considered getting rid of mine until i saw what they were pulling and decided i'd rather let it collect dust.

zen is somewhat correct. your not going to find a lot of ford guys who are enthusiastic about the chevy motor/trans.

i'll offer 7k rolling for it. keep the motor/trans.

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
You know guys... There is a rule on the forum that says you are not supposed to comment in a negative way...

so what if it has a Chevy engine in it... if you don't like it, don't buy it... just don't wreck the guy's "for sale" thread. You wouldn't like it if someone were wrecking your thread.

Here is the link in case you are interested in reading it.
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26347

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
You know guys... There is a rule on the forum that says you are not supposed to comment in a negative way...

so what if it has a Chevy engine in it... if you don't like it, don't buy it... just don't wreck the guy's "for sale" thread. You wouldn't like it if someone were wrecking your thread.

I'm all for following the rules, but here we might have to make an exception. this is a car that should always have a ford motor and someone put a chevy motor in it. It's probably fast as hell and runs awesome, but still...

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn

I see what you're saying, and my post was definitely in a gray zone and maybe opened the door for more comments.
OP asked why so many looks and no interest and I tried to answer him honestly, which naturally was negative information. I even offered a 'possible' trade, pending a test drive, but yes SCCA Stang, ultimately you are right.

nickl16

Regular
Aug 29, 2007
No need to close this one... if the car doesn't sell it doesn't sell, it is a fun and fast car... Like i previously stated I will take reasonable offers but 7 or 8k as a roller will not work. We got the car at a good price so don't be afraid to make an offer but in a trade we would rather put money in and get a nicer car. The car is not a show car it is just something to drive around and have fun with.

alwaysready

Regular
Oct 8, 2008
I had a Factory Five Kit that was a roller posted it on some boards including FFCars.com which you should go and post it on. and had it on ebay 3 times sold it on ebay the 3rd time.. there are a bunch with chevy engines so no big deal.
good luck with the sale..
yes i sold it to buy my 03 Termi too..

Thread Info