F/S 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic

I am selling my 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4WD. Color is Stone White with gray interior. The truck currently has 136k miles on it. It has the 4.0 liter inline six with automatic transmision. It has power windows, locks, cold AC, factory tow package, Sony CD player and has been very well maintained.

- New front brakes (rotors and pads) Rears still have plenty of life on them.
-Cooling system was replaced at 110k miles with 3 core radiator, water pump, fan clutch, hoses, and new electric aux fan.
-Shocks and struts were replaced at around 100k
- Tires have decent life left on them
- New fuel pump and sending unit, plugs, wires, rotor and cap, and coil were done at 130k miles (Last October).

The front end has a ton of new parts as well.
Track bar
steering dampner
upper and lower ball joints
upper and lower control arms w/ new bushings
front end alignment

Everything on the truck works fine. The 4wd is great in the winter. It was my DD and never taken off road.

There is one issue with the truck as it sits. It has a vibration at 60-65 mph. Sometimes it is bad and other times not to bad. This was the reason I have put money into all the new front end parts. I have also had the tires rebalanced and still no change.

The only reason for selling is I have 4 vehicles and have decided I no longer need the truck. It has been a great vehicle and anyone that knows the standard Cherokee and the 4.0L motor knows they run forever.

Asking $3500 obo I can be reached at 630-721-1057 or my e-mail [email protected]

suvuaw.jpg

hrlqbn.jpg

155qkia.jpg

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Oh and the vibration is probably the drive shaft.

It could be, but I don't want to stick anymore money into it as I don't need the truck any longer. Someone that knows Jeeps well should be able to figure it out. I know it is a common issue on these trucks once they age. I tried replacing the most common wear parts but that did not fix it. Either way it is a good truck and should run for years to come.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
It could be, but I don't want to stick anymore money into it as I don't need the truck any longer. Someone that knows Jeeps well should be able to figure it out. I know it is a common issue on these trucks once they age. I tried replacing the most common wear parts but that did not fix it. Either way it is a good truck and should run for years to come.

Yeah I know. Just sayin for the lucky buyer. It would be easy to find a super cheap driveshaft at a junk yark, those things are everywhere.

Thread Info