1992 LX Hatchback

It's a Cobra clone as you can tell, overall for almost a 20 year old car is in pretty good shape. Interior is a 9/10 and exterior an 8.5/10. The wheels are in decent shape but alittle rough IMO. For the most part a pretty stock 5.0

62k miles
cai
24lbs injectors
Cobra manifold
msd cap and rotor
9mm ford racing wires
msd coil
O/R H-pipe
2 chamber flowmasters
Eibach sportlines
4 wheel disk
Nitto 555's all the way around
Aftermarker cd player
1 10 inch sub
5% tint on back 2 windows
20% on d/s and p/s windows
3.08's
Ash try door is fixed also I know it isn't in the pic.

Only difference is it has the msd cap and rotor, coil, and red ford racing wires
006.jpg

DSCF0276.jpg

DSCF0275.jpg

DSCF0274.jpg

DSCF0273.jpg

DSCF0272.jpg

DSCF0278.jpg

DSCF0271.jpg

clean50023.jpg

clean50022.jpg

clean50021.jpg

clean50019.jpg

clean50018.jpg

Will consider a partial trade for a harley sportster 883 or 1200 +cash, let me know what you have. Would like something 2000 and up.

Price 8k Or Best Offer

Thanks Shaun (916) 612-2166 call or text with any questions

SilverBullit

Regular
Apr 6, 2009
No problem, after posting I realized that the payoff would be over $19K, I think that defeats the whole purpose for your thread here, LOL! Good luck with the sale, if I come up with something I'll let you know.

-Mike
Thanks!

Nice! I just sold my real '93 Cobra. This is a nice cheaper alternative. Any info on when the clone conversion was done and what parts were used? What rear disc does it have? Are those real 93 Cobra wheels?
I don't know when the clone was done, I was told that the guy who did it used factory ford parts but not 100% sure. The rear disk look just like the fronts, stockers in my eyes. As for the wheels, if they are real will they just have a ford stamp on them somewhere? Thanks for the nice words. :biggthump

phorty

Regular
Feb 13, 2006
Thanks!

I don't know when the clone was done, I was told that the guy who did it used factory ford parts but not 100% sure. The rear disk look just like the fronts, stockers in my eyes. As for the wheels, if they are real will they just have a ford stamp on them somewhere? Thanks for the nice words. :biggthump
Not sure about all the panel/ground effects but the rear valance is easy to figure out. It hangs a bit lower than the aftermarket copies. The aftermarket ones were designed to utilize a regular LX cat-back. The OEM valance will rub on LX pipes. Most people have a longer hangers welded on to make LX tailpips fit. Since you have aftermarket pipes, you could figure it out by looking at how they were set-up.

The wheels shouldn't be too hard. You could probably match part numbers by hunting around on eBay. Another way- the offset is different than a normal OEM fox wheel (or replica 93 cobra wheel). As a result, they had to use a different rotor up front. The rotor "hat" is thicker by 3.4" which pushes the wheels out further to align them properly with the fender. To rememdy this issue for the rear, they used a T-bird Turbo Coupe rear end which has axles that stick out 3/4" further on each side. So, if you were to stick factory '93 cobra wheels on a stock 5.0, they wheels would tuck too far under the fenders and likely rub. Other than SVO's, 93 Cobras were the only fox mustangs with rear discs.

This site has a ton of info- www.1993cobra.com

EDIT: let me say that this is the nicest 93 clone I have seen. Very well done. And tasteful, too, which is the most important thing to me. Let me know if you would have any interest on a nice 93 notch in trade...

Thread Info