hans vs no hans in a crash

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
After doing a lot of research earlier this year, I shelled out the cash for a Necksgen. My fox body only runs 11.0X in the 1/4, but I have a 10 point cage and 6 point harnesses. Bad injuries can occur even at low speeds. The $450 for a hans device is cheap insurance.

The Necksgen is actually pretty comfortable to wear too. I feel more secure while harnessed in, since it really helps hold your shoulders and upper body in place.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yeah. Video's like that are what make me want one of the HANS hybrid devices since I don't have a cage or harness bar to attach the stuff to, nor am I willing to install one in my Focus. The hybrid can follow me from car to car.

I don't think the hybrid would be as good as a full system thats actually attached to the car, but I still think it would help significantly.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Oh for sure. You are still supporting the neck with the body harness/plates. They give you a lot more movement of your head side to side. Which is great for mobility and viability.

s-l1600.jpg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Not that it would have helped the neck much, but it looks like the harness was a bit loose too.

although probably pretty realistic as most people are probably not perfectly in and snug 100% of the time unless total pros.

i'm pretty shitty myself - i have a schroth rallye 3 4-point asm belt and the buckle is not perfectly center and probably an inch too high - i've been shit lazy about fixing this, although it will probably fuck me up a lot more than a normal belt if i were to hit something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info