spec miata car fire and exit

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
in NASA they tested our escapes as part of annual tech this year. 1st they made us escape blindfolded (because often you won't be able to see with smoke and/or flames everywhere).. then if you failed that (couldn't escaped in 10 seconds or less), then you got to do it eyes open. It took me 13 seconds blind but 8 seconds when I could see. Its a good idea to practice your escape.. never know if and/or when it can happen to you!

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Seemed like a weekend worrier guy. Fire suppression probably cost more than the car.

the taped on solo lap timer seems a little shoddy eh?

in NASA they tested our escapes as part of annual tech this year. 1st they made us escape blindfolded (because often you won't be able to see with smoke and/or flames everywhere).. then if you failed that (couldn't escaped in 10 seconds or less), then you got to do it eyes open. It took me 13 seconds blind but 8 seconds when I could see. Its a good idea to practice your escape.. never know if and/or when it can happen to you!

did you go in the garage and practice after watching this video?

why is there fuel all in the cabin, aren't the lines under the car? or is it something with a fuel cell that's in the car that occurred or what?

chris101

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2009
Mt. Prospect, IL
Real Name
yes
did you go in the garage and practice after watching this video?

lol.. no, my season is over (just finished this past weekend at NCM)... BUT in the miata we had, I had this whole diveout tuck and roll thing down to a science... in the Sentra and G20, its just easier and more graceful to get out in a hurry...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info