no brakes at 140 mph

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Hindsight being what it is, I'm not sure if it would have been better to go into the pea gravel or do what he did and run for a straight line through the grass. I mean yeah it slowed him down. The pea gravel would have done that too.

Oddly enough as I read the thread title I happened to be listening to Offspring's "No Brakes".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKDDu_0NsEk

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Had something similar happen to me at the Autobahn on the back straight, right before the hairpin turn to the right, but only at 120 mph. I somehow managed to get it around the corners and then after slowing to about 60, I used the e-brake and entered the paddock.

Scared the shit out of me.

After re-bleeding the brakes, they were fine for the rest of the day.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
that's the only place i ever lost them 100%. i used all remaining braking to stay on track - i made that turn but the brakes were *completely* gone after that. i don't recall using the e-brake and think i managed to be going quite slow after barely staying on. pit out and went to the paddock and pedal to the floor had no resistance and did not a single thing whatsoever.

my wheels and tires were insanely hot, couldn't touch the wheels for a while. i think this was an AMS day and they had a guy there bleeding pretty much all day so i had him do it and was good to go.

the sti i'd bleed before every track day, sometimes at the track day. the brz i bleed once in the spring and then i'm done. it would probably last multiple years even. love the lightness!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info