I saw some guy laying on the ground earlier today around the corner from my pad...

D

dgussin1

I live on the corner of Damen and Blue Island where this happened.

there was a small dot of blood on his stomach and a lot of blood on his back. I was in my car, so I kept going, but I got saw the guy laying there before police even arrived. I didn't hear a gunshot.

(STNG) CHICAGO A 38-year-old man suffered gunshot wounds to the back in an apparent gang-related shooting in the Pilsen neighborhood Tuesday afternoon.

The shooting happened about 2:45 p.m. on the 2300 block of South Damen Avenue, according to police News Affairs Officer John Mirabelli.

The man was shot at least once in the back and was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, Mirabelli said. The man's exact condition was unavailable, but his status was described as "stable" as of about 8 p.m., Mirabelli said.

The shooting is believed to be gang-related, he said.

Harrison Area detectives are investigating.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_233213551.html

D

dgussin1

haha...i was wondering why this dude was just laying there, and then i turned the corner and saw his back was all bloody. I thought he may have got hit by a car or something; but I did initially think that he was shot. His kid was there with him. Fucking cholo ass gangsters.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
haha...i was wondering why this dude was just laying there, and then i turned the corner and saw his back was all bloody. I thought he may have got hit by a car or something; but I did initially think that he was shot. His kid was there with him. Fucking cholo ass gangsters.

Hmm...

Look, a bloody man laying on the street... fuck it, carry on.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Damen & Blue Island? Most all of my customers are right there at the Produce Market off Blue Island and Wolcott. So you're a cook eh? Do you buy at the market at all? Maybe you shop at some of my customers for some fancy mushrooms, or other foreign specialties?

GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE!

IT IS A MIRACLE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR CAR. I BET SOME SHITHEADS KNOW WHERE IT'S PARKED AND IT WILL BE GONE SOON.

LazyT747

SFI
Sep 11, 2006
I live on the corner of Damen and Blue Island where this happened.

hey do you know an oil change named "Ultimate Ten" 10 minute oil change in blue island?
thats my dads shop. hes been there for 18 years.
J/W

yeah dude blue island is not the best of places to live, especially with your car. i used to work at my dads shop when i was little helping out and they would send me to big boys for lunch and i would feel like i was guna get jumped walking there and back.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Hmmm... You have the whole UIC complex bascially down the street... and then you have the whole Cermak area being redone as well by the river. I think it's moving along just fine.

I just don't know why a fine white boy like Dave chose that area... :lmao: Maybe he likes the transvestite clubs... ;)

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I guess since I grew up in the area and biked through there on the way to the lake for years... and you see what actually has changed, you appreciate the fact of gentrification. I am by no means saying it is 100% safe... but the area has improved drastically. My point being it was much, much, much, worse.

Gang shootings are like law suits... they happen all the time. If it wasn't for Dave mentioning it, or God forbid, it be a kid, or mother, etc., we would have NEVER heard even an inlking about this and moved on with our merry lives.

At the end of the day... f- gangs. Let them kill each other off... and unfortunately, they will never go away, as long as we have idiots out there.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
when i took the train into the city every day, there would be the occasional circle-o-cops drinkin coffee and starin' at a stiff along the way. usually much farther west.

part of the problem with pilzn is that señora will have 8 kids; 6 of them will be the nicest people you'll meet, but two will invariably be gang bangers.

but hey there's plenty of street crime anywhere in the city.

ya know, we have luxury restaurants out here in the burbs too...and none of the shoostings!

D

dgussin1

Damen & Blue Island? Most all of my customers are right there at the Produce Market off Blue Island and Wolcott. So you're a cook eh? Do you buy at the market at all? Maybe you shop at some of my customers for some fancy mushrooms, or other foreign specialties?
Which shops are your customers stores? I'll have to check them out. For home cooking, I usually go to Stanley's for produce because it's CHEAP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info