Gas prices in your area ?? Makes me think about my hobby sometimes...

O

oohsoobad2

$2.59 a gallon for 87 octane in Rockford today. Highest Ive ever seen in my lifetime. What are you guys paying and where are you at ??

This is getting out of hand and there is no end in sight, according to the news gas is projected to be $3.80 a gallon next year in Northern Illinois. It really sucks having two vehicles right now, my Mustang has been sitting for almost three weeks, not just because of gas prices but I sure dont look forward to fillin it up. Sometimes I think about the cost of two vehicles, insurance, gas and of course mods and I think Id be so much better off just gettin out all together. Sell both my cars and buy a ugly Hybrid that I have no desire to modify and save all the money Im blowing now. I really wish the government would step in to help ease the prices. Two things Ive read that blow my mind, our government has billions of oil barrels in reserve and tax on gasoline is atleast $.60 a gallon. I dont expect much of a change knowing how many friend Bush has in the oil buisness.

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
@#$!% I had three vehicles tuned for 93+ :crying:
Glad the SVT Focus gets 29/30 mpg's...$2.78 is nutz!

FYI - I work in the energy business and you home owners out there had better start adding insulation and finding good electric blankets and space heaters. Natural gas is trading on the open market (no margin or mark up) at over $1 a therm....and we are no where near winter time - plenty of time for prices to go even higher! To put it in perspective, on average last winter you paid in the low $.70's per therm.

I usually like to get dinner and some booze before getting raped that hard :mad:

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
87 is $2.69
93 is $2.89

Funny thing is, I go to fill up the one gallon
gas can so I can mow the grass
(thats when you say geez)

But when you fill up the Cobra you say @*$#%&* !!!!!!

I really hope it doesn't go up much more, but what can we do? :dunno:

(Right now ALL of my cars are on Full) Filled them the day before
($2.44 for the Focus and Saturn) ($2.62 for the Cobra)

CobraCommander

Rice & Beans
Mar 27, 2005
Gas...

Well if it makes anyone feel any better...

In order to reach "crisis" levels experienced in 1980 when compared to inflation and current economics, we are still well under what was experienced back then. In order to compare to those levels, a barrel of oil would have to be about 90.00 or so whereas it sits at 65.00 now (or whatever).

When I saw the pump hit the $40.00 mark, I drove to work and started researching the 2006 Civic and some Hybrid vehicles, not to mention migrating to AZ where I can use my bike to commute 90% of the year.

We may be lucky and have the economy, cost of living increases and other economic items follow suit to where it balances out again.

On the flipside....It royally sucks anyway...

Well, if there was one way the ricers were gonna beat us...

boo

Regular
Jul 12, 2005
Remember back like 7 summers ago when premium was under a buck a gallon? Those were the days, I laughed at the gas mileage my big block at the time got.

Need a new hobbie? Ditch 2 more wheels of a car and pick yourself up one of these. Most'll run 10's outta the box and I get like 40mpg and still driving with the throttle cracked. Another great thing about bikes is filling them up doesn't require a second mortgage on the house, if you need somewere and don't have any gas you can reach into the change jar and get to were you need to be and back on a bunch of quarters, nickels, and dimes.

daytona5.jpg

M

Mad Max

Well Europe and Japan and a lot of the rest of the world has been paying 5.00 a gallon for some time. That is why they drive micro cars and use turbos to boost HP.
I think we have been spoiled for a long time. I will not get excited until it reaches 5.00/gallon.
Yes it is price gouging/oil compaines are making big $$. But our president is a oil man, so what do you think is going to happen? Anything? No way!
I have 4 cars that use 93 octane. one that uses 87........
Besides with the price of 93 octane, it is not that much more than 87.
If I had a job where I had to drive far every day, I would be driving a econobox.
Remember the price of everything goes up (fuel costs to trains/semi trucks etc.)

Remember this, if you owned an oil company, why would you produce more barrels of oil if it is only worth 60.00 today, when tomorrow it will be worth 75.00 or more? :dunno:

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
I haven't gone into boost this week :p (and still on full)
Me and Sam do the MINI cruises, come back and get in the saturn or focus :p

Alan has been using the Focus for work, 33 MPG on the highway,
and he still spends at least $10 a day in gas due to his drive to and from work :eek:

I think my next vehicle will probably be the Escape Hybrid to stay Ford :biggthump if you stay below 30MPH you don't use gas, but you have to every now and then to charge your battery (from what I hear)

Just want them to come down a little in price first, I do like th looks of the Mercury mariner much better though (Classier, not so cheap looking) IMO
I heard they will be putting out a Hybrid soon (if this is true) this will most likely be the next vehicle (instead of the Escape) :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info