Who's interested in a group dyno tune?

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Someone on another site is trying to set up a group dyno tune, Sal from PowerSurgePerformance.net is supposed to travel out for the tune. He tunes both Diablo and SCT, although I'm not sure what the shop it's going to be at has, or whether Sal is bringing his own equipment. The location would in Central Illinois near Springfield,

Anyway, it looks like they need another 5-10 people, I was just seeing if anyone is interested from here. If so, post about it and I'll try to set it up with the organizers.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Right now it's estimated to run about $75 for dyno time, plus $100 for Sal's first hour of tuning, $50 each additional hour.

Fairly standard mods will take about an hour to tune, if you're running bigger MAFs or injectors, plan on more like an hour and a half at least.

There's nothing to be 'rushed' about the dyno tune session. Your vehcile stays on the dyno until Sal is satisfied. The dyno time is a flat fee for the day to be split by everyone attending, Sal's charges are hourly. Sal will be doing this in St Louis this coming weekend, and the schedule was limited - 5 (simple tune) trucks on Friday, 9 on Saturday (the more heavily modded ones) and 10 on Sunday. I don't know if any of you are familiar with PSP, I know they sell Cobra mods also, but it's historically a Lightning place, and I will be trusting Sal as a respected member of the community to tune me properly.

Right now the time frame is sometime in April, hopefully late April or even early May.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
ILLINI-SVT said:
Right now it's estimated to run about $75 for dyno time, plus $100 for Sal's first hour of tuning, $50 each additional hour.

Fairly standard mods will take about an hour to tune, if you're running bigger MAFs or injectors, plan on more like an hour and a half at least.

There's nothing to be 'rushed' about the dyno tune session. Your vehcile stays on the dyno until Sal is satisfied. The dyno time is a flat fee for the day to be split by everyone attending, Sal's charges are hourly. Sal will be doing this in St Louis this coming weekend, and the schedule was limited - 5 (simple tune) trucks on Friday, 9 on Saturday (the more heavily modded ones) and 10 on Sunday. I don't know if any of you are familiar with PSP, I know they sell Cobra mods also, but it's historically a Lightning place, and I will be trusting Sal as a respected member of the community to tune me properly.

Right now the time frame is sometime in April, hopefully late April or even early May.

Is that Sal Monella? I met him in Bowling green.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Let me make sure everyone is clear on what I was asking:

If you are interested . . . in having Sal from PSP . . . tune your g-ride . . . on a dyno . . . here in Illinois, then please let me know.

Maybe if there's enough interest here, and none on the other Lightning boards, I will inquire about setting up a truly local dyno tune say with a SV, but as of right now this isn't in my hands per se, just letting everyone know and trying to hook up interested peeps.

BLUTO

Mar 21, 2004
Ive been following this closely and think that we would have better luck at a place closer to Chicago too. Springfield is a little far-but Ill be there if this group tune happens. I talked to Sal's wife yesterday and she suggested we get a group togather and then go to a local shop/vendor.

I know that alot of us have done upgrades and need tuning -who better than Sal to tune your ride?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info