Traded the Cobra for a ? Don't hate me..

HONBOY1

Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Ok, here it goes.. I went to Carmax to trade my '03 Cobra in for an '04 black Cobra. I previously told the salesperson I was interested and that I was in the process of getting financed via other means. The salesperson told me that the car would be there the following day and that I could put money down to hold the vehicle. We'll, I went there today to actually purchase the car and guess what? They sold it without even contacting me first. I ended up looking around at other dealerships when I came across a black '05 Vette. It was a brand new basic 1sx package discounted $2500.00 under sticker. I ended up test driving it just for kicks. After the test drive, I just fell in love with it. It didn't feel as fast as the snake, but the handling and breaking was amazing. I have been wanting an '05 Vette since I seen it at last years auto show. Well today, I ended up fulfilling my dream. I brought the bitch home and put 150 miles on it. I just want to say that I loved my Cobra and think that the SVT owners I met on this website are a bunch of great people. I hope I didn't offend anyone by turning Chevy and please don't hate me. Love and peace to all of you, HONBOY1!!!!!! P.S. Can I still come to the dyno day at Sutton? :alcoholic

HONBOY1

Regular
Aug 19, 2004
VenomInside said:
Ken.. Its all good man! we should cruise sometime or just hang out, ya know? I've got nothing against you buying a Chevy.. well the only chevy i would buy at that. But hope you like it :biggthump
Thanks Mike! Doesn't mean I wont be back in '07 with the new Cobra! Anyway, I'm sure we'll still be hanging out no matter if I have a Vette. It's not like a bought a Toyota Civic, he he he he!!!!!! :eek:

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Flyn high again said:
Yes! That will be a great comparison car.

Congrats on getting the Vette, you traitor. :D

Did they give you one of these?

Bow-Tie-Large.JPG

I hear you can pick your color too.. at no extra charge..

KEN I AM SO :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke:

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
Ken...
What CarMax did you trade in your 03 at?
If you don't mind - what did they give you for her? (PM if you like)
I'm in the market for an 03 or 04 Cobra and could go see what they have yours up for...unless she was a problem child???

And I love the way the new Vette looks up front!
A dark color with blings - looks great!
:headbang:

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
VenomInside said:
Did they give you one of these?

Bow-Tie-Large.JPG

I hear you can pick your color too.. at no extra charge..

KEN I AM SO :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke:
:clap: :lmao: :laughing2 :lmao: :laughing2 :laughing2

Nice car, hope you like it, didn't think you'd go Chevy, but everyone makes mistakes :eek:h: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke: :joke:

You know I am just kidding ;) It is a beautiful car :cool:

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
No I don't mind that you bought Americas Race Car.

I just hope you come out to RT 66 and I get a chance to whip ya boy....whip ya good, but hey, I'm not sure I can, but I'm gonna try like hell!

Good luck, my 93 was flawless for 24M miles and 4 summers of great fun......got my ass handed to me buy a couple of Fox Bodies.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
I was just reading about the new 2006 Z06. 500 HP, 6 piston/ 6 pad/ 14" front brakes, 4 piston/ 4 pad/ 13.4" rear brakes, carbon fiber fenders @ 2.x pounds each, Forged crank, Forged Pistons, Forged Titanium Rods & Titanium Valves, 3" exhaust w/ straight through muffler design above 3000 RPM (Vacuum switched), the list goes on and on. One hell of a car. Now you need to take that vette to a road course.

Congradulations! :biggthump

Vince

HONBOY1

Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Mystic544 said:
Ken...
What CarMax did you trade in your 03 at?
If you don't mind - what did they give you for her? (PM if you like)
I'm in the market for an 03 or 04 Cobra and could go see what they have yours up for...unless she was a problem child???

Carmax gave me a written offer for $24,600.00. I ended up trading it at Bill Jacobs Chevy in Joliet though. My Cobra was never pullied. Completely stock besides H&R lowering springs,18" Chrome Cobra R's, Apten intake, and Flowmaster weld ins. The car has no problems and only has 8,800 miles on it. I did have the clutch replaced under warranty a month back so you have a fresh clutch. If you want the perfect Cobra than head over there quick before it goes bye bye. Those bastards at Bill Jacobs only gave me $23,500.00. I did save alot on taxes because of the trade though. Also, they covered the difference by selling the Vette $3,000.00 under sticker. Good luck. I also still have the stock springs if you end up buying it.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Mystic Terminator said:
I was just reading about the new 2006 Z06. 500 HP, 6 piston/ 6 pad/ 14" front brakes, 4 piston/ 4 pad/ 13.4" rear brakes, carbon fiber fenders @ 2.x pounds each, Forged crank, Forged Pistons, Forged Titanium Rods & Titanium Valves, 3" exhaust w/ straight through muffler design above 3000 RPM (Vacuum switched), the list goes on and on. One hell of a car. Now you need to take that vette to a road course.

Congradulations! :biggthump

Vince
One thing you forgot to mention about the new Z06: $65,000+. Gonna be a great car, but a little on the pricey side.

Honboy1,

Good luck with your new wheels!

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
I ended up trading it at Bill Jacobs Chevy in Joliet. My Cobra was never pullied, Completely stock besides H&R lowering springs,18" Chrome Cobra R's, Apten intake, and Flowmaster weld ins. The car has no problems and only has 8,800 miles on it. I did have the clutch replaced under warranty a month back so you have a fresh clutch. Those bastards at Bill Jacobs only gave me $23,500.00.

Thanks Ken -
So you left the Rims on? Is the Apten just the inlet elbow, cold air, whole blower? What was the build date? Paint color & condition?
I'm going to see if they have a web site or call them this afternoon. Maybe I'll get lucky and trade my Vert in for her :)
Who was your sales bozo...give him my info, maybe it will help with price and transaction speed.
Tim

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
:eek3: Get this...
I emailed the dealer about your car and included info and a link about my Vert that I have for sale 01 GT Vert. and they called me this afternoon. Asked some questions about my car and sounded excited about making something happen. Called back a little later to tell me that we were kind of far apart on a deal...they wanted
$27K
for the Cobra :eek: and only wanted to offer me book on my Vert with out seeing her :mad:
I told him that if the manager wanted to "get aggressive" to call me...
Guess we'll see

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info