Hey, hey, look who joined the club!

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Well, today was a pretty good day.Why, you ask? Well, because I bought a new 2003 Cobra, THAT'S why. I'm sooo friggin stoked it's not even funny! How ever, I traded my beloved 96 Saleen clone in. Now this Cobra is better in every way but I was so attached to my Saleen it was hard. But one step of the throttle and hearing the Eaton sing it's song will help ease my pain over time. Well, enough chatting. Here's a couple preliminary pics! Enjoy! The only thing that sucked more than giving up my faithful Stang? Having it snow like a mother the same friggin day that I buy my Cobra! We went through the entire winter without a flake of snow but today HAD to be different. Oh, the irony.

Sorry for the dark pics.
514646_35_full.jpg

514646_36_full.jpg

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Flyn high again said:
Congrats! You're going to love the car. :biggthump
Thanks. I would say "what's my first mod?" But I'm still at the stage of not realizing how much cash I just spent. But, it did come with a fenderwell cold air kit so that's worth like, what, a billion horses? j/k :biggthump I want to get a cat-back, eibach lowering kit, and a smaller pulley...soon.

-Mike

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Awesome! Don't worry about the $$$- having the car is more fun than having money. :p If you start to think you miss the Saleen, go run the Cobra to redline through about 5 gears and you won't remember the other car.

Be forewarned, modding these cars make is like smoking crack. You might think just one more hit, but before the high from the last one wears off, you're allready thinking about the next one. I've been "DONE" modding about 9 times and I'm still not done.

Welcome

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Wharf Rat said:
Awesome! Don't worry about the $$$- having the car is more fun than having money. :p If you start to think you miss the Saleen, go run the Cobra to redline through about 5 gears and you won't remember the other car.

Be forewarned, modding these cars make is like smoking crack. You might think just one more hit, but before the high from the last one wears off, you're allready thinking about the next one. I've been "DONE" modding about 9 times and I'm still not done.

Welcome

Exactly! The wife has stopped believing the "I'm done after this mod" speech. LOL

It NEVER ends, but thats what makes these cars so great!

Great color! Thats what I was looking for when I found my DSG.

Congrats!!!!!

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Mystic544 said:
Where did you find a New 03 Cobra?
Any left???
If I could get rid of my Vert I would be part of the club too...just love the potential of the new Cobra :)
Congrats!
I got the car at Oakfield Ford in St Charles Rd. in Villa Park. They have one more 04 left, it's white and gorgeous! The salesman, Tom Buino, was awesome as hell! Look for him, he's a good guy. Yeah, I'm really digging this color. It was a cross between Sonic Blue, Black and DSG! But they only had Sonic Blue so that's what I went with. If they had DSG, I might have had a tougher choice.

hj16, what's wrong with Eibach? I had Saleen suspension on my other car so I never looked into springs. What would you, or anyone, recommend as far as a lowering kit?

-Mike

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
SALEENstang96 said:
I got the car at Oakfield Ford in St Charles Rd. in Villa Park. They have one more 04 left, it's white and gorgeous! The salesman, Tom Buino, was awesome as hell! Look for him, he's a good guy. Yeah, I'm really digging this color. It was a cross between Sonic Blue, Black and DSG! But they only had Sonic Blue so that's what I went with. If they had DSG, I might have had a tougher choice.

hj16, what's wrong with Eibach? I had Saleen suspension on my other car so I never looked into springs. What would you, or anyone, recommend as far as a lowering kit?

-Mike

Oakfield is a cool place. I just my beater car there a few months ago. Had a different salesman, but he was great too!

I don't know much about the eibach springs. The popular choices for springs are H&R Super Sports and the Steedas. I have the Steeda springs, and am very happy with them so far. I love the look, not too slammed, but enough to stop looking like a 4x4.

You are gonna need a new screen name now. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info