Autobahn Country Club

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Here's the home page for the new Autobahn Country Club road course track in Joliet. John [Shelbyguy] and Larry [PETSNKE] probably already have it in their bookmarks. SVTOA is having an event in May '05 at this course so keep it in mind. Check out the South, North, and combined tracks. The South tracks looks like it'll be more challenging and a lot of fun. Larry thinks that may be the one the SVTOA event will be held on [not definite, yet]. Mark your calendars and bookmark the site.... :)

http://www.autobahncountryclub.net/

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Flyn high again said:
Here's the home page for the new Autobahn Country Club road course track in Joliet. John [Shelbyguy] and Larry [PETSNKE] probably already have it in their bookmarks. SVTOA is having an event in May '05 at this course so keep it in mind. Check out the South, North, and combined tracks. The South tracks looks like it'll be more challenging and a lot of fun. Larry thinks that may be the one the SVTOA event will be held on [not definite, yet]. Mark your calendars and bookmark the site.... :)

http://www.autobahncountryclub.net/

Already marked Cliff... Thanks man!

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Flyn high again said:
I'm thinking this one and Gingerman. Gingerman is very beginner friendly. This event is at the start of summer and Gingerman is at the end.

I'd also like to do Road America some time. Maybe in '06.
and if you go off-roading you can't really hurt anything
:dunno: :biggthump

(I didn't go off-roading...BTW) ;) but saw some that did :biggthump

tom03Cobra

YEEOWZZAA
Dec 13, 2004
These tracks are great if you haven't seen them. My race team is a founding member. We have one of the facilities they are building (approx. 4000sqft). the two tracks are great. We were there in the '02 Modena to help mark off the curbs on the south track. Then got to run the north (which allready had curbs) and finally ran the large circuit. It is very fast and very challenging. I can't wait to get our real race cars on there and get osme numbers.

Tom

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
you join a member club, then apply to the club steward to be in the school. the school consists of an 8 hour classroom session (probably at the ramada right there at the offramp) and a day at blackhawk farms. basically if you're there for the autocross school, you can leave at lunch. I stayed for the wheel-to-wheel classroom stuff even though I dont own a racecar. the track day was pretty much what we're used to; a 15-20 minute session and then some chalk talk in the classroom. you instructor rides with you for a while and then they watch you at different corners. this school emphasized going fast more than any other driving school i've taken. the cgi motorsports school at gingerman emphasized it a lot too, but not like these guys. If you're looking for instruction in the grand prix driving technique, take 'Council's school.

I'll probably work a corner during the school or something.

PETSNKE said:
John do you have any info on the driving school that Midwest Council has in the spring? I was thinking of attending one, ofcourse I'll have to join one of the clubs to do so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info