Everyone's Winter Plans?

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Got all the parts but need to put them on, I have been lazy all summer.

Billetflow 2.76 and idlers
IRS brace
KB Extreme Matrix Kit - subframe - jacking rails - matrix
KB Strut tower brace or snow perf STB
KB Rear shock tower brace
MM lower brace
Apten blower
Billetflow TB
Custom tune
Steeda tri axe
MGW shifter handle
HR SS springs
Steeda IRS bolt/weld in brackets
Steeda 2 hook quadrant
Steeda firewall adjuster
LFP heat exchanger
JDM boost bypass kit - if needed

stuff I need or want to get:
IRS bushings
Caster camber plates
Better clutch
Headers
then whatever brakes

S

Shane97Cobra

Just curious, but why does it seem like everyone is keeping the IRS and not going w/ a solid axle? I can understand if you plan on road coursing the car hard core. A solid axle just seems to be more reliable and more affordable. Just curious.

My plans...bye bye modular, hello pushrods.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Shane97Cobra said:
Just curious, but why does it seem like everyone is keeping the IRS and not going w/ a solid axle? I can understand if you plan on road coursing the car hard core. A solid axle just seems to be more reliable and more affordable. Just curious.

Well I was seriously debating it, and recently made a post to ask for opinions on that same subject.

I am still not 100% sure on what I want to do, but considering I am not a big drag racer or street racer, I think I will stay with the IRS. I also plan on trying out a road course event or two next year.

wahoo

Regular
Mar 7, 2004
Shane97Cobra said:

I would rather keep the IRS than move onto a solid for better ride quality and better handling. If I was going to make this a drag strip whore than I would move to a solid. Besides there are plenty of cars running deep into the 10's with IRS so why change.... :headbang:

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Shane97Cobra said:
I was seriously hinking of doing the swap, but I dont drag race that much, and dont plan on doing it that much. For $900 I can get a IRS that will handle my power level with ease, and with the coilovers it should make for a pretty decent open track car. The solid still gives a good ride, but itd run me more than the halfshaft upgrade, and itd cost alot more to get it to handle as well as a IRS with coilovers.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Kenny Brown Rear Shock Brace
Kenny Brown Springs
Steeda IRS Subframe Bracket Kit
Steeda Differential Bushings
MM Front Strut Brace
M 4-bolt C&C Plates
MM IRS full length subframe connectors
MM IRS bushings w/ 14mm IRS bolts
PHP IRS toe link bars
Billetflow 5 IRS brace
Level 2 DSS halfshaft upgrade
Ported blower
2.76 pulley w/ idler and 72" gates belt
Afco Heat Exchanger
DiabloSport Predator from RWTD
(Possible on stage II cams)
Deleting all seats and getting two racing seats (w/ rear seat delete kit)
And eventually a whipple
New Fuel pump
Injectors
MICKEY THOMPSON ET STREET Tires
level 2 axle outer c.v. and bar upgrade

:cool1: Am i missing anything?

P

PearlBlue L

Im buying my buddies stock plenum and blower that only have 2100 miles on them, getting them ported and im polishing them myself. E fan and water pump, and maybe some headers. Only things left for the stock block. Probably going to get some dark mystic stripes on my black L too... I think it woud look good. Looking into some kinda stall convertor too. I dont know yet.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
SOON:
Whipple (on the way hopefully) at 17 psi
60 lb Injectors (on the way)
SCT MAF (on the way)
Upgrded Clutch (should be installed this weekend) - Hybrid CF II (dual puck), Fidanza Alum. Flywheel, Clutch Quad/Firewall Adj.

WINTER
DSS Level 2 or 5 Halfshafts
Suspension and brake mods (undecided at this point) to prepare the car for some road racing next year.

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Boost and fuel pressure guages
Redline Tuning Hood struts
MRT exhaust tips
UPR Billet Cobra fuel door
AND Possibly Corbeau seats and rear seat delete

Wow, is that a RICEY list or what!

Also, been mulling over the trade-daily-driver-Ranger-in-on-used-Lightning-mod. Although I think I may have some trouble gettting that past the finance comittee (wife), congress (wife), and the president (wife).

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Here is a list of things for the old fox body:
2.95 pulley for the vortech 15-16psi
TFS Trackheat upper/lower intake
42lb injectors
80mm Pro-M MAF
Walbro 255 lph pump
Custom Chip/Tune and ditching the FMU.

Should net me around 500 at the wheels. Oh, and a Tremec TKO for when the T5 decides to go......lol

Not to much planned for the 97 Cobra. Saving to buy a new motorcycle in the spring.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info