Doom III >>>> My Cobra

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Been playing it for a couple days. It's one of the few games that can really get your adrenaline pumping.

I had to add a supplementary fan to the back of my ATI 9800 XT to keep it from burning up. This game really pushes your hardware to its limit.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I was looking at the requirements online and you are right. The rest of my system is adequate to play the game at lower resolutions but the video card won't cut it. I'm going to see how much a new card would be. I'm not going to spend hundreds to play Doom 3... My computer is only a year old and already it's showing its age... :rolleyes:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I don't play that many games now-a-days and my wife would kill me if I told her I wanted to spend $400-500 for a video card. I may buy a Radeon 9700 or 9800 or a GeForce 4 [Radeon is better?]. I haven't looked at video cards for a while so I have to research what's the best one to buy for $200 or less. my daughter's been complaining about their computer so maybe I should just build myself a new machine and give them my Dell. Any advice from you computer guys?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• shanker
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list