good news and bad news

tonydahose

Regular
May 7, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
Congats on the 12! :biggthump

Keep us informed on the fix so I know where to go when I pop one of mine!

BTW: What RPM were you launching at when it let go???
maybe 3000...i dont look at it i just go by the feel and sound...never more than 3500...going with a stock by the the ford dealership in byron...its small but a tow home would have cost 150-200...i know its not that hard of a fix so i think that the ford mechanics should do i fine job

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Welcome to the 12 sec club!

I got three runs in... and they were consistent, with the air conditioning on, no shi-! I wanted a baseline to work off of with in the hot weather. I never cooled the car off and short shifted... etc.

Sorry to hear about the probs Tony, seeing your face as I was teching is when I told Kari only 3 runs thats it... and then we left that hot humid hell hole

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Seriously, if anyone has a trailer available, let me know and I'll tow it to MSC with us this fall. At least I'll be able to get one of you guys home, with all the broken half shafts and tranny output shafts, etc. :D There's just too much torque around this place! :headbang:

It was hot, but apparently not too hot for me to break out. I let the truck sit for a little while, and then ran a couple of times, 14.0 and a 13.99. So for the Lightning bracket race, (after it had sat for a good hour or so) I dial in a 13.90, when other stockers were dialing as high as 14.2. First run, against Tim McCarthy in his Gen 1, I run a 13.76. It's not so much the heat, as the heat soak. Maybe I should start running hot, because all of my hot outings have been much more consistent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info