Dodge Ram SRT-10 Spotted

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I know, this thread is worthless without pics, but, I don't have a digital camera and hence couldn't take pics for everyone.

But I saw the first Ram SRT-10 I've ever seen in the Chicagoland area yesterday. Not at a Dodge dealer though.

IT WAS AT RIZZA FORD in Orland. For sale. On their used car lot.

I can't imagine how much they screwed over the owner on a trade. Or what they're asking for it. That dealership sucks.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
They'll beat a stock Lightning (read = me) 9 of 10 times, they're basically running low 13's stock. But a simple pulley and chip takes care of that, at which point I'd love to take one on. For $46,000 (sticker, without the extra markup I've heard Dudge dealers are sticking on it as high as $15,000 more), vs. the $30,000 you can pick up a Lightning for right now, I'd have expected a lot more. Also, Dodge did not do much work to the suspension of the 500-hp truck (as opposed to the L), which means it's only good for drag racing.

But it still looks cool! And it's nice to have a little competition from other trucks. Without the SRT-10, we likely woundn't be getting the 4-valve 5.4 in the Gen 3 L.

I

ILLISVT

I would love to race one light to light. I saw a black one the other day (only one I've seen on the road) when I was turning and I caught it out of the corner of my eye at a stop light. The thing is a good looking truck. But I think there is too much room for driver error there. I'm not scared of them.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
ALL dealers SUCK, especially when their name ends with a vowel unless you know what your doing they'll take your money so fast it borders on being illegal. I'm probably going with used from now on, but I bought 14 new cars since 74 ...man am I old...anyway it wasn't until about the 5th one that I figured out how to be a smart shopper and actually get respect from the seller and then like the dealer. It can be done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info