Forza 4 demo is out.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Hm. It does feel better than Forza 3. And theres no question as to how amazing the visuals are. But as Im using a wheel I unfortunately have be a bit more critical. Theres not a whole lotta feel to cars grip. Which isnt a lot to begin with. I'll reserve judgement on that until I get the full game and can experiment w/ different tire compounds. But even the weight of the car over undulations in the road and rumble strips is not really represented thru the wheel. Since theres no wheel settings in the demo, again I'll reserve judgement until the full game, but I made do w/ the adjustments I could make on the wheel itself.

While its an absolutely gorgeous showpiece, Im not sure this custom track in the demo is really the greatest at demonstrating the car's ablilities. But as always, Im sure i'll adapt to the game once I get my hands on it and spend some quality time w/ it.

Forza's never let me down before, so I have no concerns w/ this one. But ive said it before, and I'll say it again, once you play gt5 w/ a wheel, nothing ever comes close. Hate all you want. :hsugh: Doesnt mean I wont love this game just as much.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Hm. It does feel better than Forza 3. And theres no question as to how amazing the visuals are. But as Im using a wheel I unfortunately have be a bit more critical. Theres not a whole lotta feel to cars grip. Which isnt a lot to begin with. I'll reserve judgement on that until I get the full game and can experiment w/ different tire compounds. But even the weight of the car over undulations in the road and rumble strips is not really represented thru the wheel. Since theres no wheel settings in the demo, again I'll reserve judgement until the full game, but I made do w/ the adjustments I could make on the wheel itself.

While its an absolutely gorgeous showpiece, Im not sure this custom track in the demo is really the greatest at demonstrating the car's ablilities. But as always, Im sure i'll adapt to the game once I get my hands on it and spend some quality time w/ it.

Forza's never let me down before, so I have no concerns w/ this one. But ive said it before, and I'll say it again, once you play gt5 w/ a wheel, nothing ever comes close. Hate all you want. :hsugh: Doesnt mean I wont love this game just as much.

outside of time trials theres nothing to keep you going in gt5. the 1 player game is a snore-fest as I've fallen asleep playing this game many times. and theres so many other things wrong with it. EX: Eagle Talon ESI?, Change paint, gotta own paint already? Can see what it looks like on the car until you use it?, 4 rim selections, standard model cars???(aka gt3,gt4 cars) 2010 game with pontiac solstice concept???, no clutch to go with that clutch pedal, rear end a car? NO Problem!, want to drive a car in single player? must be added to garage and wont be stock unless its that way in campaign mode. add front downforce to non-race cars? nah.

Its half a game imo.

forza 4 is going to walk over it.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Played a little last night. Even with the controller the steering feels off in default settings. Hopefully there are some adjustments for that in the full version. Also, the AI seems pretty easily overtaken even in the more difficult modes. I wrecked, then almost immediately closed in and overtook them like they were standing still. Seemed more like a NFS game.

Visuals and sounds are amazing :bowdown: Load times between menus are great and the menu moves very easily, unlike Forza 3.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Played a little last night. Even with the controller the steering feels off in default settings. Hopefully there are some adjustments for that in the full version. Also, the AI seems pretty easily overtaken even in the more difficult modes. I wrecked, then almost immediately closed in and overtook them like they were standing still. Seemed more like a NFS game.

Visuals and sounds are amazing :bowdown: Load times between menus are great and the menu moves very easily, unlike Forza 3.

I bested you in the zonda.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info