Is this right or wrong? V. Comcast

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Not right to bill people for a service they never received IMO. Unless there's something in the customer agreement (which knowing them there probably is) that says they can bill you even if you're not receiving the service as long as you have an active account, there will be lawsuits in the future.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
comon ppl, utilities under law don't have to cover service outage credits for natural causes in damn near every case. if that ticks you off, hate on comed too. I've been out of power this summer something like 5 days in total... not a fuck was given by comed.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah but without power your meter stopped turning...so you arent billed for power you dont use...
comcast has no meter

this act of god bullshit is shitty...they can claim that god let a dumb broad be born that crashed into a telephone pole that took out cable for a neighborhood.

i farted..its an act of god cause he created the dude that invented taco bell

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Here's a question. If you had a generator to power your house, would you still get comcast through your TV? If so, then the people should be billed, cause comcast did NOT stop their service. If you could power your house and your cable was out, then you should be refunded.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
you can have either or out, but if their cable transmission system is taken down or a tornado parks a semi ontop of a server/hub (whatever) they shouldnt charge you for something your not getting.

im fine with power going out and still getting charged for cable...they are delivering the service you just cannot utilize it due to no power....buy a genset

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Here's a question. If you had a generator to power your house, would you still get comcast through your TV? If so, then the people should be billed, cause comcast did NOT stop their service. If you could power your house and your cable was out, then you should be refunded.

This is actually kind of a good point that I didn't think of. If the cable itself was out there should be credits given where due, but if it was just power and the cable system was up and running Comcast shouldn't have to pay for comeds problems. Not that it's comeds fault they had a hurricane, but still.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
the real question is..

who gives a flying hootenanny?
if you want to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on cable television every year...pissing away your life with your eyes glued on the idiot box...then its your own fault for giving into the group mentality that you NEED cable and NEED internet.

Turk makes a valid point.

i'm sure comcast will offer some sort of redemption in the future. if they don't...then all those people should cancel their service and get another provider.

b9d51e4f_flamesuit.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info