Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Apple crew *Must have apps and Gamecenter names in first post*

Jesus phone gets new upgrades this fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLJIef-e-7g

*edit*

Must have apps based on TCG Apple crew

• A flashlight app (doesnt matter which one.)
  • Photoshop Express
  • iMovie
  • Fandango
  • HBO
  • American Airlines
  • Cars.com
  • Cut the Rope
  • Flickr
  • Photobucket
  • Stick Stunt Biker
  • GroupMe
  • Strava (bicycling app)
  • My Verizon (verizon customers)
  • MyATT (att users)
  • Bank app (if your bank has one)
  • Pageonce (keeps track of all finances)
  • Lego Photo
  • DerManDar (panoramic photo app)
  • Stubhub
  • Pic2shop
  • Snaptell
  • QRReader
  • Scorecenter
  • Fragger DS
  • IMDB
  • Redbox
  • Moviefone
  • Netflix
  • Repairpal (automotive repair quotes for your area)
  • Xfinity mobile (Comcast users)
  • Around me
  • Drag Racing
  • Instagram
  • Blood and Glory
  • Worlds Hardest Game
  • Family Feud
  • Remote mouse
  • Jetpack joyride

Gamecenter Members list
  • Fish = Big Boss Fish
  • TonzKnock-G = TONELOC2012
  • Spicy Mchaggiz = spicy_mchaggiz
  • Bob Hope = ilikebmx999

Last edited:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So far my trend is 2 years. My original iPhone and my 3GS still work well, but with the new updates, I can usually see a speed decline or missing features. So I don't know if I should stick with that, or get a 4 and possibly be behind next year.

Speaking as someone who has owned an iphone and an android I think you guys will like the drop down notification bar. That's one thing I didn't like about the iphone was that texts would pop up on the screen which is kinda inconvenient cause then anyone can see it and read your texts. If it's anything like an android the notification bar shows you a preview when you get a text.

Yeah I dealt with that with my 3GS and I agree :rofl:. I actually watched the vid more and didn't realize they went into more detail with the notification bar. Looks a little more advanced than the androids but it's cool nonetheless. I wouldn't keep my notifications that cluttered like that though or else the bar is gonna be filled up with a bunch of icons. I still think it shows a little too much text when you get an SMS but at least it isn't bam in your face.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I've been thinking about getting the iphone4, not sure if I want to dish out the money. but i hear its worth it.

I bought mine a couple weeks ago and love it! It's by far the best phone I've had yet. I agree though with the text alert. It kind of kills privacy since the whole message pops up on the screen.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah I dealt with that with my 3GS and I agree :rofl:. I actually watched the vid more and didn't realize they went into more detail with the notification bar. Looks a little more advanced than the androids but it's cool nonetheless. I wouldn't keep my notifications that cluttered like that though or else the bar is gonna be filled up with a bunch of icons. I still think it shows a little too much text when you get an SMS but at least it isn't bam in your face.

The notification bar looks almost verbatim to a jailbreak app that you pay to DL to show exactly what that shows. IIRC it came out that someone from the JB community went over to Apple not too long ago, so I wouldnt be suprised. Here is an example of a JB app that does it.

iPhone-Lock-Screen.png

im gonna make a thread later today. see what everybody thinks. theres more options though.

sorry to thread derail fish.

If the Android thread can go to 20+ pages, its all good.

I had something different then bitesms, but it was pretty much the same thing. That is one thing that I want to see in the future. Instead of being able to click close or reply, which sends you to the text app, you click reply and a little box and keyboard appears. Reply to text. Press send, and the text box disappears leaving whatever you were doing on screen.

Im telling you. Apple is going to make Jailbreak obsolete eventually, which is fine with me. :fy:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I'd stick with my 3GS if the battery life hadn't declined so much. Really what other features could you want in a phone of the 4? That swiper pay thing I guess but I wouldn't use it. It's plenty fast.

Display, camera, facetime, and a couple other things really made me lean towards the 4. I did overcome that and stayed with my 2 year plan though. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info