Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
so we just had comcast put in the new place (i would have preferred someone else but the condo units are only wired for comcast)...internet works great, the cable itself works fine (tho the guide is taking forever to fully update) but the On Demand service does not work. I get an "error 7", which apparently means no IP address is being assigned (to either box, its happening in both rooms).

This is apparently a fairly hot topic among comcast xfinity customers with no fix seemingly out there. I power cycled the box(s) once last night and I guess i'll try a longer power cycle today when i get home before calling up comcast.

Anyone have any similar issues?

(ive been reading up on this world wide web and most people's responses are "power cycle and see if it fixes it". super helpful :hsugh:)

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
That really sucks. I'm surprised it's not. Did you just try the online check or did you call them to verify that?

Never really bothered to call. I dont watch TV enough to really care too much about whos providing my cable. I only watch a set number of shows and i rarely use On Demand.

Having the internet work is more important to me :rofl:

But ya, I probably could have called.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have Comcast Xfinity at my house currently, On-Demand seriously comes and goes as it pleases... I'd say once a week, it will not work when I go to it, and won't start working no many how restarts etc.

For example I usually watch TV at 10-11pm as I go to sleep, usually its on demand. Once or more a week I press the on demand button and it says its unavailable... it just 'comes back' by the next day...

Its bullshit, and I will be getting Uverse at my new place thankfully.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info