DIY custom storage case

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Just wanted to show off my work a little. I want to store all my music crap in cases. This was a project to store my essential guitar tools. I picked up a used vintage Cosmetology/make-up case and gutted it. Bought some recycled foam to make the forms. I grabbed some crushed velvet fabric from hobby lobby, and adhered it with spray glue. I wrapped the fabric around heavy paper to line the case. I also added the elastic strip with rivets to the one side for cord storage. This is the second case I've done; made a case for my mics a few months ago.

case001.jpg

case002.jpg

case003.jpg

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
awesome idea! whered u get the foam?

There's a guy on Ebay that sells recycled foam. After looking for case foam, he's the best deal anywhere. The stuff you can buy at craft stores is too whimpy for this kind of purpose...and the distributors for the correct stuff is too expensive; plus you have to buy too much of it.

Here's where I bought it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-5-RECYCL...&otn=1&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7045348286599696910

I layered it, and hot glued the sections together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info