Sheds

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
The slab is sort of unnecessary unless code calls for it. A wood floor is faster and cheaper and can rest on concrete piers or blocks.

My riding lawn mower is killing my garage space!

4c10bc9a-c476-06fd.jpg

call me or pm what you want.

Im a Installation Manager at a Shed and playset company.

we do installs all year round. can get you DIY or we can install it for you. built in a day, warrantied for 10years. DIY wont get you any warranty but on material that came shipped fucked up.

www.backyardbuildings.com

check out the site and leme know what your looking for. we also are the provider of all the wood sheds you see at Lowe's as well, any of those are DIY or installed. ill see what kinda price i can get for you if you do it through my branch location. our DIY is great. everything is pre cut, pre hung doors, preprimed siding, ready to paid. full picture instructions. more or less, putting a big puzzle together. you wouldnt need to cut anything except maybe flooring depending on what you choose.

you can do a slab if you want, gonna last the longest. your gonna want at least 3/4" treated flooring if your putting a tractor/snow plow setup in there. OSB cheap flooring will rot and get soggy from the snow and shit. check with your town codes. some require that you HAVE to have a slab. most dont though. some just require you have a 50$ permit paid and displayed the day of your build.

contact me and ill help you. let me know what town your in, i can look up all the requirement at work in the file for that town for you as well.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I live in Palos Heights, check the codes and I will take a look at your site. THANKS! (I was told our max size is 144 sq ft and less than 12 feet. I will be looking to get as close to that as possible.)

As for displays I believe I have the room to get one in. Do you have a list of those?

I bought one from Sears
It was a SunCast
$499 IIRC

I really can't complain, Sears delivered it for free and a friend and I put it tougher in a few hours.

They have some nicer ones online, but the one I have is just fine. Also I have moved it around my yard a time or two, I just used a heavy tarp. Lift up one side toss the tarp under neath and just pull it with out harming your lawn. Any way my 0.02.

http://www.suncast.com/productdisplay.aspx?id=344&pid=87

gs9500a-doors-open-xl.jpg

Model #: GS9500A
Size*: 7' 9 3/4" W x 7' 10 3/4" D x 7' 3 1/2" H
Internal Size*: 7' W x 7' D x 6'6" H
Color: Light taupe

* 311 Cubic foot capacity
* Door opening - 5' 2 1/4" x 5' 10 1/2"
* Large Panels allow fast snap-together assembly
* Extra-wide front opening (62" w x 69 1/2" H)
* Strong corner-column construction
* Lockable doors with upper and lower latches
* Long lasting resin construction
* Floor included

Yea mine was too small for my 4 wheeler. Sun Cast makes a 10X12 this would have been better, but I did not look at there web site before I bought mine. They do make a good product. I have never in almost 10 years had to do any kind of maintenance. After ten years It still looks like new. I'm telling you the plastic/vinyl material really holds up very well. Worth the money.

Oh BTW looks like I spent more than I thought I did. Looks like I spent around 1500.00 for mine. Fore some reason I thought they were much cheaper. Oh well even 2 grand for the 12 footer is still a good deal.

I was just looking at there web site and say that they make gazebos as well. I always wanted on of those.

Any way good luck with your search

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info