snowmobile riding journal.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
yep. this is where im gonna talk about what the fuck happened while i rode.

if you rode a snowmobile. feel free to chime in about what happened with you today.

today I rode about 40-45 miles total. mainly riding on the lakes/river though.

my sled was doing >75mph for 90% of the day.

if any of you are curious about coming up to ride the chain this coming weekend. now is the time to do it. its fucking awesome

we rode out of pistakee- under the 12 bridge (hit about 50-75 feet of openness... hammer down. youll be okay.. i dont have picks.. and am on only a 121" track. and i made it very easily.)...

then across nipersink... into grass lake- up the fox river to burlington wisconsin- near the sly fox saloon- some open water on the river- but nothing much- everything you can ggo around quite easily- or just hammer down and hit it like we did (ps. 1500$ fine for hitting open water... dnr is out there like crazy.)

buddy grenaded his belt- shredded the fuck out of it- fixed it and then kept rippin.

0124111453.jpg

then we came back down- into grass- up to marie- over to petite- down to fox- yadda- got pulled over by conservation guys for not havin stickers on yet (new sled hadnt put em on yet)

0124111541.jpg

then cruised back home.

awesome day. for sure. hit 110-115 a few times. sled rips on open ice. hit it at 80 and it carrys the skis quite well.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I just got back from the Rhinelander/Sugar Camp/Three Lakes/Eagle River area. Id say they had 10-12 inches. Although it was under zero at all times up there it actually wasn't bad. Ice was plenty think and smooth. Saw a few cars on the ice. I think we hit maybe 2 or 3 "bad" trails then ran into the groomer and they were perfect again. Put 320+ miles on in two days and headed out around 11 or 12 each day. I will admit they could use a few more inches of snow where I was at, and some corners were icy but overall excellent conditions. If you want big snow goto Hurley or Ironwood. But I always say more snow means bigger bumps if the trails arnt groomed. On the way up to the northwoods I noticed that pretty much any trail south of madison was in poor condition. Snirt around Westfield. Good conditions north of Tomahawk. This is what I observed obviously from the road and didn't ride the trails.

Id love to cruise the chain/river that's always fun but my sleds are still up in Rhinelander. My dad is going up next weekend so we just left them up there. Also the weekend after that. So I am not going to be able to ride "locally" until the 2nd week of February. I would like to make it "up north" as much as I can before spring. Even if its just 3 day weekends.

If anyone is down for a TCG sled trip im IN.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
holy

shit.

is all i can say- rode about 10-15 miles today. in almost an hour and a half.

got stuck twice. got lost numerous times, got blown off of fucking roads by the wind (my helmet cam caught that and is fucking nuts and will be uploaded)

seriously fuck this wind. if it was just snowing i could have rode. but the wind made it absolutely impossible to say the least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Yaj Yak
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list