daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
so i let the woman talk me into going away for her spring break week. :picard:
she mentioned marco island, FL, well everything i look up makes that place sound like a drag to me, not to mention that the cheapest room i could find down there is $174 a night.. i dont think so...

i need suggestions.. where to go? where have you gone?
were both drinkers. not crazy, but drinkers. were not interested in the whole "MTV" spring break scene with roofies, stds, blow, and stabbings.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Hit up one of the Sandals resorts in the Caribbean. With all the shit happening in Mexico, I'd stay away from there.

I'd fly into Ft Lauderdale/Miami and drive to Key West (thats one of my dream vacations) or hit up San Diego. Lots of nice and warm places to go where you wont have the obnoxious 18-21 year olds fuckin your vacation up.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I would suggest try going to a national park like Yosemite and do some hiking. My wife and I went a few years ago and the scenery was absolutely amazing. I know it does not fit the "drinking" type of vacation, but it is a different option that not many people do. A week pass for the entire park is only $7, which basically covers parking since the park itself is free. We flew into San Francisco and spent a day there, then drove out to where we were staying in California.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
We're going to drive to Seattle to visit family, then down into Cali to check out the redwood forest(s), then drive back home. It's like 5k miles, but whatever. We plan to stop along the way to check out mt rushmore, yellowstone, possibly mt st helens, etc.

Should be a fun road trip. Going to get a rental and get our drive awn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info