Motorcity Online

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
I played it back when. The problem was that there were not nearly as many people playing the game as EA projected. They could not keep the game going with too few people playing. It was pretty cool. They would have to make something pretty kick ass if they would ever expect to get people on board and paying a monthly fee for it. I don't think anything on the level of their current NFS games would cut it.

The closest thing I can think of is the new Test Drive Unlimited 2 game. I haven't even played the first version because it didn't quite look interesting enough for me but it is a 100% online racing game. Check it out

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I was just browsing youtube and ran across a few clips.

Man, I miss this game. I sunk so many hours and I really enjoyed the fact that you could screw up and build an engine combo that just plain sucked. I liked the auction system for the rare parts.

I had a chop top Mustang Mach1 which I was able to outfit with the 429 Nascar engine, and a set of rare heads...etc. It was a Tri-Oval monster, regularly hit 230+ with the nitrous. I used to try so hard to get into the top 10 and usually made once every few weeks.

But I loved Gas Town, and Bel Air the most.

If someone could get this game going with a private server I'd completely get back into it, crappy graphics and all now.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I love Forza 1 & 2 because they offered a little of what MCO offered when it came to building a car, I’d much more simplistic.

Street Legal Racing and SLR2 are way more detailed. But don’t really have official track like MCO.

Though with SLR you can actually opt to some really stupid shit. Aka you can build a car without any brakes at all. Or forget to install an oil pump.

SLR is buggy as hell, but hilarious.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info