For those of yous who order pizza for deliver in the winter

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
May 10, 2009
NorthLake
~If your not going to shovel your snow, tip the driver for walking through your laziness.
~If your delivery driver gets your pizza to your house steaming hot when its -25* out, tip your driver.
~If you look outside and you can't see the street cause of the snow, yet the driver was able to find your house with no problem, tip your driver.
~If its night out and your block don't have lights and your forgot to turn on the porch light or your address is not visible, but you driver was still able to find the right house, tip your driver.
~If the driver calls you and forewarns you that he will be a little late because he caught the train, tip your driver.
~If your driver does show up later than told and he immediately apologizes and gives you a believable reasoning why he was late, tip your driver.
~If your driver shows up to your house earlier than the time the person who took your order told you, tip your driver.
~And if its the first snow day of the year, be courtesy and know why it may take longer for you pizza to get to you, and tip your driver

And just because you are charged $1 for delivery that doesn't mean its an automatic tip for the driver. It even says so on the box.
2010-12-04142844.jpg

If your driver is late and he doesn't acknowledge it when hes at your door, ASK why, but still give him a tip. And no, "drive faster" is not a tip.

If your confused on how to tip accordingly, here is what I think.

1-2 Acceptable
3 Average
4 Very happy
5+ :nutz:

And remember, drivers remember who tip and who don't and if our driving times does effect on how you tip.

Usually I don't care about my tips, but today, being the first "official" snow day, it was chaotic because more people call in for deliveries then pick ups so you would think you would be getting a ton of deliveries and "good" tips, but today I got shit. And, I was never late and pizzas never cold. What really pissed me off is when I got 6 deliveries, with three in a row, with EXACT change. Not even a penny as a tip. That was HALF of my deliveries with no tip. And I was the morning driver who takes all the deliveries that come in, so there was no way in hell I was just getting bad luck on my roll.

inb4anyonesaysgetanewjob- I worked here for 3 years, and now being a full time student, my employer lets me work the only two days I'm available because I break my back for them. And I'm currently looking for a 2nd job or replacement job because I can't afford to go to school next semester.

/Rant.

POS Neon

May 10, 2009
NorthLake
People actually didn't give you even 1¢ for a tip? Shit I'd be embarrased to do that, I've had to go around the house and collect couch change to gather enough for a tip before because I didn't want to stiff the guy.

Delivering for 3 years has me tipping drivers and even waiters really good now. I think everyone should deliver pizza one day in the life to see what its like to make low than minimum wage + per delivery + tip. Even with all this, you sometimes barely make minimum wage.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
yea but no one is making you do it.....I mean cool that you do it....but if I where to do it, I wouldnt expect much....I mean you have fuel costs, wear/tear on your car, stupid sign on top of your car, dealing with dif. people and bs money.....I mean it is a 10 buck pizza.....15% is a buck fifty......I see huge profits.....and when my shit is cold or messed up I call and complain and see you back with a new pizza an hour later.....

POS Neon

May 10, 2009
NorthLake
yea but no one is making you do it.....I mean cool that you do it....but if I where to do it, I wouldnt expect much....I mean you have fuel costs, wear/tear on your car, stupid sign on top of your car, dealing with dif. people and bs money.....I mean it is a 10 buck pizza.....15% is a buck fifty......I see huge profits.....and when my shit is cold or messed up I call and complain and see you back with a new pizza an hour later.....

Kinda forced when I can't find a job that was flexible with my schooling. I even worked over night for a while but it fucked my brain a bit.

oh yea....We get charged a delivery fee.....

So does our store but it doesn't go to the drivers, more of a convenience fee.

Work at mcdonalds. They pay $10 and you don't have to drive around grumpy.

Applied and denied. Next suggestion?

or jimmy john's

I vow to never deliver again when I leave this place. I got fired once from here and came back because I couldn't get another job. If I do leave from here, I won't come back or get another job delivering again.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
On the same topic i always tip drivers well, but waiters have to earn their tip. When they act like I am an inconvienance or don't fill drinks I purposely tip low so it sends a message (not just like I forgot or what not). I also don't tip based on percentages, I just decide what the person should have based on how hard they worked. I eat fast and don't make wacky requests so I shouldn't have to tip as much as somebody who takes forever to order and requests wacky omissions from dishes. I'd rather give my money to the chef anyway. I mean all a waiter does is write down what I said and then make sure my drink is full... That's not deserving of 15% of what I spent on my meal IMO. And to anybody who says that's how they get paid then oh well... Maybe somebody should stand up and demand minimum wage instead of this tip bullshit.

Pizza and all other deliveries are a different story though because they are actually working for their tip

POS Neon

May 10, 2009
NorthLake
just not worth it to me.......you can work for UPS over night....I mean you really just drive from my understanding....not like it is hard work.....just easy cash sometimes....I rather bust my ass for a few more bucks

I do more than driving, I take/make orders, shovel snow in the winter out front, clean the whole store, make a million boxes, inventory count, assign delivers during rush when I got multiply drivers, and take bitchings from customers.

I like this job cause I get away with so much shit, only cause I've came in and ordered and helped out the store off clock, trained a morning driver off clock, (did both those with out being asked or asking for pay later) drove out to another store 1 hour away to pick up supplies when the supply truck broke down off clock but was compensated for gas, and a bunch of other random shit that.

And I've had two interviews at UPS, one last year and one this year, and hadn't heard anything. Prolly said something stupid, but I really don't wanna work there but still tried to get in.

On the same topic i always tip drivers well, but waiters have to earn their tip. When they act like I am an inconvienance or don't fill drinks I purposely tip low so it sends a message (not just like I forgot or what not). I also don't tip based on percentages, I just decide what the person should have based on how hard they worked. I eat fast and don't make wacky requests so I shouldn't have to tip as much as somebody who takes forever to order and requests wacky omissions from dishes. I'd rather give my money to the chef anyway. I mean all a waiter does is write down what I said and then make sure my drink is full... That's not deserving of 15% of what I spent on my meal IMO. And to anybody who says that's how they get paid then oh well... Maybe somebody should stand up and demand minimum wage instead of this tip bullshit.

Pizza and all other deliveries are a different story though because they are actually working for their tip

Word.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I do more than driving, I take/make orders, shovel snow in the winter out front, clean the whole store, make a million boxes, inventory count, assign delivers during rush when I got multiply drivers, and take bitchings from customers.

I like this job cause I get away with so much shit, only cause I've came in and ordered and helped out the store off clock, trained a morning driver off clock, (did both those with out being asked or asking for pay later) drove out to another store 1 hour away to pick up supplies when the supply truck broke down off clock but was compensated for gas, and a bunch of other random shit that.

And I've had two interviews at UPS, one last year and one this year, and hadn't heard anything. Prolly said something stupid, but I really don't wanna work there but still tried to get in.

Word.

Dude, think about it though.. As you move up the ladder, you do less bitch work and make more money.

Thats why it sucks to work at jewel, jiffy lube, mcdonalds, pizza delivery.. :drums:

POS Neon

May 10, 2009
NorthLake
im not one to bash someones job.. but id NEVER deliver pizzas...

(not because it isnt my $100/hr job).. i just wouldnt want the wear and tear on the car.

I remember Eric Pisanko from orland park was delivering pizzas in an 11.70 camaro haha

My first car got fucked up cause of the first 2 years I've worked here. Now I drive with sense and take care of my FireTurd. Only thing that fucked me was when I got a flat on a delivery and had to get tire replaced and ended up needing all 4 tires.

POS Neon

May 10, 2009
NorthLake
Dude, think about it though.. As you move up the ladder, you do less bitch work and make more money.

Thats why it sucks to work at jewel, jiffy lube, mcdonalds, pizza delivery.. :drums:

I want to get into something that deals with what I'm going to school to get certified but seems employers rather have experience over newbies.

SuperDaveGSE

Hole Enlarger
May 14, 2009
Antioch,Il
That sucks dude, I think wait staff and delivery people don't get paid enough. I always tip good, I was raised off of tip money my mom has been a bartender for almost my whole life so I know the feeling about trying to make a buck. Oh and for anyone thinking of applying at a Jiffy Lube DONT! I've worked for them for more then 10 years probably worked at everyone in the chicago area fuck that, now that they are all franchise your not worth the old oil the cars spit out. Stay in school and pretty soon you'll have the job you want and deserve, then you'll just think back at what you used to do and know you'll never have to again.

POS Neon

May 10, 2009
NorthLake
That sucks dude, I think wait staff and delivery people don't get paid enough. I always tip good, I was raised off of tip money my mom has been a bartender for almost my whole life so I know the feeling about trying to make a buck. Oh and for anyone thinking of applying at a Jiffy Lube DONT! I've worked for them for more then 10 years probably worked at everyone in the chicago area fuck that, now that they are all franchise your not worth the old oil the cars spit out. Stay in school and pretty soon you'll have the job you want and deserve, then you'll just think back at what you used to do and know you'll never have to again.

I want to stay in school, but I don't make enough coin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info