Anyone have any experience with small claims court?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
So here's the back story. On St. Patrick's Day i went to a friends house and had some drinks... big surprise. So i spend the night and when i go outside to leave, the glass from my passenger side mirror is hanging by the wires and the housing is shattered. A few weeks go by and no one fesses up to it, then i go back one day and see my friend's brother's Jetta (that was parked next to me that night) has a big ding in the door right at the level of my mirror. I call him out on it and he tells me to get it fixed and just let him know how much it will cost to avoid going through his insurance. I found a mirror through Ed Morad for $60, and found a shop to paint it for $50. $110 dollars for a heated, motorized, auto dimming mirror and a re-paint is pretty reasonable in my eyes.

So last week i hit him up for the money at the bar one night, and he gives me some big spiel about how he got a new mirror off VW Vortex for $45 for his car, and that he thought the price was ridiculous. I stayed cool and just brushed him off, even though i felt like telling him he should have found me a Bonneville mirror off Vortex if it was so simple. Originally his brother said he would just pay me for it since his brother is a douche, but now he thinks i originally told him the mirror was $25 and gave me some story about how his brother is kind of hard up for cash right now. This is unfortunate, but not my problem what so ever.

Basically I am going to call him for the money again today, and if he doesn't pay up my options are...

A. Break his mirror (childish, illegal, doesn't help my situation at all)
B. Punch him in his fat head (childish, illegal, doesn't help my situation at all)
C. Small claims court

I know where he works so i figure i can park my car next to his and take some pictures of his door ding next to my broken mirror, and i have witnesses to the fact that he parked next to me, admitted to breaking it, and promised to pay me for it. Has anyone ever filed something through small claims court? What is the process like? Fees?

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Yeah skip #3. You could spend more money taking him to small claim court then what is owed to you.
Repeat #2 until he gives you the money. Just get on his ass everyday about the money. Or you could just have him give you half now half next week. If he's at the bar, he has the money for you. If he's that hard up, he won't be going to the bar.

E

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
State of Confusion
Real Name
E
where does he live? is there anything of value that he has that you want?

now i would suggest doing anything YOURSELF in retaliation. have a friend go pay him a visit or tail him one night.

take the 4 wheeler in skeezers truck down to his house and tear up his front lawn to spell out "fat head"

some good ideas rite der

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
so wait he doesnt have $110 to his name and hes hard up for cash yet you found him at a bar? must not be that desperate with money considering bars can be expensive as fuck. sounds to me like hes a douche canoe and you should either take him to court for the money just for the principal of the matter or make him give you something he owns of equal value (camera, cell phone, ps3, etc...) to me he sounds like one of those morons who complains about money yet still smokes his cigs at $6 a pack and gets his $5 drinks at the bar every day and has a nice $8 lunch instead of packing his own. somebody needs to teach him a lesson. the fact that he got a good deal on a mirror is irrelevant because you dont drive a jetta and your mirror costs more.... if i were you id get an estimate for a dealership to sell you a mirror, paint it, and insrtall it and use that figure in court

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info