Since Bikerboy Doesn't want to simmer the hell down, Lets get some input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Here is the back story before there is any big open brawls, or before it gets locked:

I had a 97 explorer over last winter that a friend of mine offered to trade for an 01 ford taurus right as I had finished my ranger project. Essentially He could not afford the explorer out right, so essentially I helped him sell the taurus because I live in a more populated area than he does and he let me keep whatever I made over what I felt the explorer was worth.

The Taurus in all rights and regards sat in my driveway, getting a test drive here and there (2 members test drove this car, syP, and Cammeri1) while I enjoyed my ranger.

Through the course of me doing the swap in the ranger, I drenched my driveway in oil and transfluid.

I never even changed the oil in the Taurus.

Put it up on craigslist and a couple come test drive the car, I ended up selling it for $800 off of my asking price because they were in a tight spot, and I wasn't pressed for money. They originally offered me $1000 under my asking. They had a new teenage driver in the family and the transmission in their ford van had just failed

They purchased the car, and I left my old explorer tags on the back of it (We are not allowed to have a car without visible tags pass the sidewalk of our area, so I left them on there just for this purpose)

Car never leaked, burned, smoked, rattled, or squeaked, and had a large amount of recent suspension work performed by the previous owner

*Back in May*

he posted in a thread of mine:

a certain dark red taurus came by my shop a few days ago. the people said they bought it from a kid that put a V8 into his ranger....
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42772
and what do you know, the car is pouring trans fluid out the front seal. you knew about it, and had oil dry underneath it.
big surprise, another "minty" dasfinc car turns out to be a shitbox.
you ripped off good people, i hope the few bucks you made off that deal was worth it.

I take this to PM

*Bold below, I confess I should not have done, but the ranger at the time was having issues, and I DID have insurance on the car incase of an incident*

Dasfinc said:
They test drove the car for over a half an hour, he noticed the quick dry from my ranger, so I offered to jack it up, or have them go out for longer. They took it out again for another 15 min or so, And it was flawless, as it always had been. Car was dry as a bone underneath, they had even pointed it out.

I find it hard to believe as well, that's why I didn't appreciate the blatant thrashing you posted when I did not rip anyone off. Ryan drove this car several times just DAYS before it sold. I drove it nearly 100 miles the day PRIOR to it selling. I sold it so I'd be able to pay my credit cards back down again and buy a work truck. If they feel I am at all at fault, I'm surprised they haven't tried contacting me back, and asking for my assistance in repairing the car, or reimbursement, as he was readily aware that I was familiar with the car, and auto repair in general.

I'm sorry that you think so poorly of me because I sell 'junk' cars. The accord money went to the owner of it *back from mike way back when*, and the past several cars I've sold I've kept in contact with the new owners. Specifically my 95 swapped civic coupe just got totalled 3 days ago *same way as runtz, hit by drunk driver while it was parked*.

If you want to actually talk to me and sort out your issues with me, you are more than welcome to call me, or I'll sit down and buy you a beer, but this shit has to stop.

bikrboy128 said:
i did not repair it, mainly because they cant afford the $900 repair ticket to do so.
i find it hard to believe the seal went from leaking nothing to dumping trans fluid, but whatever.

I sit down today and read this:

bikrboy128 said:
taurus came in again, and i've now got your vise grips you used to block off the leaking heater core.
is there anything else wrong with the car that i should tell the people you ripped off? or do i need to hunt for them myself.

And my reply:

Dasfinc said:
I never turned a wrench, or repaired anything on that car, you can ask ryan, or cammeri, they both drove this car at one point.

I have nothing more to say on this subject as I offered to talk to you in person over it and you declined.

The Taurus is the only car I even helped sell in over a years time aside from the S-10 which was a clusterfuck on its own.

Does anyone here feel that I genuinely went out of my way to 'try and rip off good people'? This is a 142K mile car that I did not have anything to do with maintaining, and had nothing wrong with it at the time of sale (AGAIN, 2 members of THESE boards drove this car within days of the owners taking possession of it)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
And more goodness:
bikrboy128 said:
right. check your FS thread, you claim heat is "powerful strong". so did you lie about knowing how the heat was or are you covering your ass now. either way you come out a liar
what would meeting face to face do? i will still think of you as a worthless lying sack of shit trying to make a dirty buck off anyone. i hope karma catches up to you, because it's always a bitch.

Here is the ad: http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=726807#post726807

says nothing about the heat.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Wbodies on craigslist go for cheaper with the same amount of miles, and I would be willing to bet less issues. In fact, I know for a fact less issues. No need to weld any cams together.

Id say rip.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
read original thread
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40969
Coolant flush *Heat is powerful strong*
how can heat be powerful when the heater core is blocked off?

Back in feb the car was not in my possesion, I put up the ad for the owner at the time off of what he had told me.

*From the thread*

Wow, I think they called me already, WAAAAY faster than I expected. I'm picking up the car Thursday, I'll give her a call back asap assuming that was her.

The heat was nothing to write home about, this is why it was not in new the ad. Again, I did not do any of the work on the car.

You can try to make me out to be the bad guy as much as you want, I know I am not, and even those on here who want to think I am can now go ahead and confirm that fact if they feel so. Those who drove the car, or otherwise know me, or what I do, know that I am not out to screw anyone.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
i dont really care if you rip people off. what gets me going is when i have to deal with it at work, especially when the victims are good people strapped for cash.
if the car wasnt in your hands, then why post about it?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i dont really care if you rip people off. what gets me going is when i have to deal with it at work, especially when the victims are good people strapped for cash.
if the car wasnt in your hands, then why post about it?

He wanted to sell the Taurus to buy my explorer, I felt the Taurus was worth more than the explorer, so I tried just publishing it for him first. He then offered to just trade with no cash on my side, why would I refuse?

In my VERY first message to you I made mention that I was surprised they made no effort to contact me regarding these problems, they had my number, and knew I was familiar with auto repair. I would have happily helped repair the car if it was seriously puking fluid that soon, but was never given an opportunity for this.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
the car has been in MY BAY twice now. i've driven the car, and checked the car out. YOU made false claims and sold a junk car for a mint.

Again, The ad that was published, that THEY bought the car from, made no claims about the heat. the fact that my friend obviously left a tool in the heater core annoys me, but what annoys me more is being blamed for something I had no involvement in.

And again, when the car was sold, it was dry as a bone. They test drove it for nearly an hour, I would have driven it anywhere, he confirmed it was dry as a bone, and had it been leaking, I would have repaired it myself, or lowered the price even more, but again, it was not. syP and cammeri would confirm this fact, that is the last of the arguing I am doing on this point.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
fine, say the trans leak just happened.
vise grips blocking the leaking heater core dont just appear out of no where.

I agree, I just edited my post above yours.

If you sold your jeep, and there was some ghetto wiring that you never touched or looked at behind the dash that started on fire, and then you got blamed for it, I'm sure you would be PO'ed as I am.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
if a friend you knew got ripped off by dasfinc, wouldnt you be aggravated?

I FEEL like i got ripped off by the dealer in all rights in regards that I bought my cobalt from, this is in part why I made this thread as I am IN the same boat they are.

I doubt the dealer had any way of knowing the wheel bearing was about to go *Didn't make any sounds when I test drove it*, or the fuel pressure sensor was about to fail, but they sold me the car, and naturally "I bought the car from them, they ripped me off, its a lemon"

In hindsight, the dealer was making money, they sold a car, and those 2 problems didn't exist to me, and more than likely not to them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info